5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

**** Cepek Trail Country EXP

Troop2865

Reaction score
I have been shopping tires for a while now. I am waiting to make my tire purchase until my new truck arrives (looks like it was built this past Saturday or Sunday). I have already purchased some Method Double Standard wheels in 18X9 -12. I want to run 35/12.50 or 305/70 tires.

I have owned many four wheel drive vehicles over the years, and I have lifted and purchased custom wheels and tires for all of them. I have primarily run BFG tires, but have had Yokohama's, ProComp, Firestone, and **** Cepeks to name a few. It has been many years since I had a set of **** Cepek tires. Believe it or not, I had a set of Fun Country bias ply 36/15-15's on a CJ-5 with a three inch lift. I loved those tires. They lasted a long time, were fairly quiet, and did well off road in everything but deep mud.

I have seen where **** Cepek now has a new hybrid tire called the Trail Country EXP. They have a 45,000 mile warranty, and they can be purchased for $251 per tire for a 305/70-18 (35.1 tall and 12.5 wide according to their web site). When I compare the cost to the cost of new BFG or Nitto, it appears to be a great price. I think they are at an introductory price right now, so they may well go up.

My question is does anyone have any experience with the particular tire? I have a friend who has a set of **** Cepek Fun Country radial tires and he loves them. Anyway, just looking for some input on the Trail Country EXP. Thanks

Troop2865

Reaction score
I noticed after I made the post that it was changed to **** Cepek. At first I thought ?????, then, oh, OK, I got it. :D

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I'm actually considering the Atturo trail blade XT, since they are affordable, relatively light, have good reviews, 45k mile warranty, and look decently aggressive.

Outside of that I"m considering Falken Wildpeak AT3W (have on my durango), Cooper Discoverer AT3 (had on my last truck), or Ridge Grapplers (although they seem too heavy and expensive for me).

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm actually considering the Atturo trail blade XT, since they are affordable, relatively light, have good reviews, 45k mile warranty, and look decently aggressive.

Outside of that I"m considering Falken Wildpeak AT3W (have on my durango), Cooper Discoverer AT3 (had on my last truck), or Ridge Grapplers (although they seem too heavy and expensive for me).
the Atturos are hard to balance from what ive heard

Troop2865

Reaction score
There are certainly many choices. I do want to run good tires, but $341 per tire for the Nitto Ridge Grappler is a lot of money. I have never owned the Nitto's so I don't want to be critical of them. I have heard a lot of good things about them and they are a great looking tire. I just don't know if they are $360 better than the Cepek's.

I also looked at the Atturo and have seen they have received good reviews. It looks like they are actually performing well in desert racing.

I do like the thought of a hybrid tire. I like the look of the mud tires, but really don't need anything that aggressive. I also want something quieter for the on road driving. It seems like the hybrid is more aggressive, but still has good road manners and wears well.

I was hoping someone might have some experience with the Cepek Trail Country EXP, but they may be too new yet.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Yeah i dont know if the ridge grapplers are worth the extra $. But if a tire lasts 50k miles, that's like 5 or more years for me...so sometimes it justifies to spend an extra 500 on a tire that you may think looks and rides the best. That's the only reason i'm considering it now.

Users who are viewing this thread