5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Centre console question

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Folks,
I ordered a Bighorn with the 40/20/40 front “bench” seating, and had a few questions about it:
- Can the middle seat headrest be taken off? Forgot to check it during my test drives.
- How hard is it to swap the middle seat with a centre console down the line, if/when I have no use for it? I noticed that the placement of the front USB ports is different.

Thanks!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All headrests can be removed, but not center rear. Actually, now that I think about it, not sure about the bench... might be like center rear.

maplesyrup

Reaction score
Any comments on the centre console addition? Is that something that can be easily added down the line?

Any previous Ram owners tried that?

Thanks.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't recall there being a head rest in the center lol.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
I have that in my laramie. I kinda wanted the center console but know kinda like the bench but I would also like to know if a console can be added later

LaRamie

Reaction score
I don't know if it's possible or not but the lengths to which you would have to go may be exhausting if you could. Is there a seatbelt sensor for center seat? (Dont know as I have console) then with the console I'm going to say there is probably a harness to go with it for lighting inside and USB ports, so probably also a bcm code will need opened up. Then also vents at least on the Laramie console would need hooked in as well. Not sure if this would all be as a kit or if you would have to piece together, either way a lot of work

Users who are viewing this thread