5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center screen position

yrralguthrie

Reaction score
A lot of people don't like controls for radio and AC on the digital display. I can't blame them. However, if manufacturers would move the screen closer to the driver, maybe angle it a little so that it is easier to reach, make the controls bigger, and maybe provide sound feedback. Any comments? There is no profit to arguing about the controls being on the screen, it's much cheaper than physical controls.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
A lot of people don't like controls for radio and AC on the digital display. I can't blame them. However, if manufacturers would move the screen closer to the driver, maybe angle it a little so that it is easier to reach, make the controls bigger, and maybe provide sound feedback. Any comments? There is no profit to arguing about the controls being on the screen, it's much cheaper than physical controls.
Well... what answers or comments are you looking for? lol i mean it is what it is. unless your an engineer at ram and can suggest it for the next builds or models there's really no point in the convo. Dont like it, dont buy it right?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think a tilt option would be cool. I'd prefer the tilt option rather than permanent though. At least in theory.

yrralguthrie

Reaction score
Actually, Slutzk, I like the head units. But that doesn't mean it could not be better. And I reserve the right to not like something, but still buy it and complain. Lots of other reasons to buy a Ram. Can I not make suggestions? Too many post police.

yrralguthrie

Reaction score
Stutzk, so because I didn't specify what comments no one can comment? If I specify what comments I want, why post? I already know. Just because you don't like the language doesn't mean it's wrong.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One of the reasons I purchased the Ram was due to ease of access of controls. I drive with the seat all the way back and can still easily reach all necessary controls. One of the reasons I decided against a Ford truck was when I put the seat back far enough to be comfortable, the controls were too far to comfortably reach.

Also, if you have the 12 inch screen with Uconnect 5 you can create a new home screen with shortcuts where you like on the screen.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I have been saying that for a few years now they need to move it closer and angle it a bit to the driver. Make it look more like an airplane ****pit. Our 21 Buick envision is that way and it’s very convenient to use the controls.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Actually, Slutzk, I like the head units. But that doesn't mean it could not be better. And I reserve the right to not like something, but still buy it and complain. Lots of other reasons to buy a Ram. Can I not make suggestions? Too many post police.
Too many sensitive people is what it is lol this forum is probably the most toxic out of the 5 that im on. Could it be better? absolutly. we can ALL complain about something on our trucks here. doesnt matter what brand there is always a complaint but you asked for comments and suggestions about it. what suggestions? tf you going to do about it or WE going to do about it? nothing. is what it is like i said... that was my point.

U

User_3336

The Charger has the screen angled toward the driver. the new Silverado with the horizontal screen has the screen angled toward the driver (perhaps because of the orientation). Unlikely RAM will change it.

interior.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread