5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center drink holder Limited

Unluckier

Reaction score
So I had a quater slide down between the cup holder and the lid that closes over the top of the cup holders. I cannot get it out for the life of me, it slides around when I make a turn. Any one know how to take this apart so I can get down in there?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Here you go. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 23 - Body:Seats, Front:BIN, Under Seat Storage, Upper:Removal and Installation REMOVAL AND IN...pdf
    264.4 KB · Views: 186

Xhumeka

Reaction score
Have you tried using a butter knife wrapped in double-sided tape? Might be worth a try as taking apart that console looks like a lot of effort! G'luck!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Here's the correct document in case you need to remove the whole thing:

Attachments

• 23 - Body:Interior:CONSOLE, Floor:Removal and Installation Full-Size Floor Console.pdf
    197.7 KB · Views: 161

Unluckier

Reaction score
Have you tried using a butter knife wrapped in double-sided tape? Might be worth a try as taking apart that console looks like a lot of effort! G'luck!
I like it I will try this before anything else.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So after playing with it , the center drink holder splits in 2. Just pull it apart and it snaps right back together

Could you describe this a bit more? Any pics? I didn't want to get too stout on that plastic.

pullejo

Reaction score
I have this exact same problem. Something in there rolling around and I bugs the crap out of me! Gonna try this today and tyia!

Tago44

Reaction score
Did anyone ever reply about the details of “splitting” the cup holders apart

Tago44

Reaction score
I pulled it apart at the seam, i literally pulls apart and snaps right back together. The lower portion stays in the guide rails.
Please give details on how to release the retaining clips to pull the top portion off.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
20210717_121718.jpg

This isn't the Limited cup holder, but shows the 2 sections anyway. The top just separates at the seams. Carefully use a panel popper or a putty knife to get started, then just pull apart. It's held together with compression clips.

jeffmarshall911

Reaction score
Limited is exactly the same, you also have to press in the ‘squeeze bar’ that allows you to normally slide the cup holder front/back into the latch detents. Those locking tabs that hold it in place stick into the main console sides. Or make sure the slide is between 2 detents, otherwise the latch ears will hold the cover in place.

Attachments

• 44B8B3F7-B368-46F9-9ABD-8B3261793893.jpeg
    44B8B3F7-B368-46F9-9ABD-8B3261793893.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 37

Users who are viewing this thread