5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

center consul arm rest

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
I have a 2020 ram 1500 big horn front bucket seats with the center consul. I wanted to know if anyone has swapped the plain leather one out with the leather one with the ram logo on it. I found one but it does not have the two levers to open the separate parts under it. My question is the leather arm rest a cap for the to and can be removed and a new cap installed and the plastic with the levers is the top that the leather attaches to?

Or is the Top all one piece and I need to find one with the levers?

JbVt

Reaction score
I briefly looked into this also. I’m pretty sure it’s just a cover. The leather top is just a top I believe.

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Thanks. That’s what it looked like.
now to figure how to get it off. Looked no visible screws. There are a bunch of rubber nubs sticking into the top. I fess just grab and pull

cervelo15

Reaction score
Thanks. That’s what it looked like.
now to figure how to get it off. Looked no visible screws. There are a bunch of rubber nubs sticking into the top. I fess just grab and pull
Long story, but I just did this as practice because I’m looking to get a new armrest pad. If you have a small crowbar, or body panel wedge (flathead screwdriver with tape on it may work in a pinch too), sit in your backseat and open the lid so youre facing it. Stick the crowbar or wedge under one of the edges of the rubber piece under the armrest pad near the latch. There should be a tiny gap there you can work one end of the flathead into. Try and carefully push it under the rubber piece that is underneath the armrest pad and you ll feel a clip release. Then try and put your finger under where you released the first clip and slowly release the rest of the clips on the sides and bottoms. Eventually the whole rubber piece under the armrest pad will come free. It will reveal a number of torx head screws for the latch and hinge. Take those off and then attach your new lid cover with the same screws. Replace the rubber piece that you pulled off in the first step.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As @cervelo15 said, it is just a cover. When I changed mine out I wasn't aware it could be done without disassembling, so I took pics and did a write up :LOL:. If I ever do it again I will certainly go the easy route. If you are getting a good price on the Laramie cover go for it!

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
Is it just the rubber nubs holding it on? I started to pull not too hard. Did now feel like it wanted to go

cervelo15

Reaction score
Is it just the rubber nubs holding it on? I started to pull not too hard. Did now feel like it wanted to go
No I think from what i remembered it was clips all along the edge of the cover. So if you start at the latch and then free those clips, just wedge your finger in the gap and then run it all the way down freeing up the rest of the clips. I felt the same way like I was going to break it, but it eventually broke free. I have this mini crowbar which helped get a little leverage but wouldn’t crack the plastic

HemiDude

Reaction score
Not sure which of us you are asking, here are a couple pics of mine

IMG_3456.JPG IMG_3458.JPG

JbVt

Reaction score
I agree. Went back on forth on whether I thought it would be worth it, but now that I have it I wonder why I didn't t do it sooner :)
Where did you find that one with the two white stich lines? I have only come across the rebel version with one white, one red stich line.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Where did you find that one with the two white stich lines? I have only come across the rebel version with one white, one red stich line.
It was an ebay seller. They seem to show up randomly. I missed out on the first one I saw while I was deciding if I wanted it, so when another one became available I snagged it.

JbVt

Reaction score
It was an ebay seller. They seem to show up randomly. I missed out on the first one I saw while I was deciding if I wanted it, so when another one became available I snagged it.
Sweet, that’s what I’m going to then. Thanks!

Knight.

Reaction score
You guys know the part number with the two white stitch strips?

Is there a version that says Bighorn instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/