5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center Console USB Issue - 2019 1500

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe when you open any door like that, the data USB's power on even without pressing the start button. I have noticed that when I have left my phone plugged in accidentally and go back out in the garage to get it.
If that's the case, then none of mine stay on.

Kidder

Reaction score
Battery symbol is not mean is run on battery is mean that port is for charging only, USB symbol mean is will connect to Uconnect.
In my 2016 and 2011, the key symbol (like the new 12v port) meant it was powered with acc on and the battery symbol meant it would charge without the acc/ignition on. IMO, that center console should have a key symbol if it only works with acc on. The right port on the rear of the console has a battery symbol and charges with ignition off. I just find it odd that they changed it after my last two trucks had that port as always available for charging. Or, it's a manufacturing issue and it should work like that rear right port on the center console.

Users who are viewing this thread