5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center console swap question

Moosefire66

Reaction score
New guy here, and I'm buying my dad's lease turn in, 2019 ram big horn v6. Not a whole lot of options on her.

The truck has a bench seat in front and his friend recently changed his truck from a console to a bench. I'm looking to buy his console and put it in my truck but don't know if everything will work. For instance, the rear vents and controls, or possibly the rear USB outlet (if it has one).

I'm taking delivery of the truck next week, so I dont have it yet to take pics. But another thing is wondering if the passenger seat has to be changed (not sure if its a 60/40 deal or dedicated buckets with a center seat)

If anyone has done this, I'd love your input! Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Well, I found this video

Not mine, but looks like it's pretty straight forward to swap them out. Once I find out about the seat (again, not sure if they're all the same) I'll end up pulling the trigger on it most likely. I'll need to modify the weathertech full front carpet liners, but that's not too big of a deal.

I'll let y'all know more in the future

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would have a talk with your dad's friend and see what he did to swap from console to bench, and do the reverse of what he did. Also, that video is for 4th gens. So I'm not sure I'd really trust it for a 5th gen. Could be very similar or could be completely different. I have read in 4th gen forums where people only had to swap the center section out to convert. They left the driver and passenger seats alone. I guess what I'm saying is to definitely research this for 5th gens. I'm sure people have done it, just not sure where to find much info on it.

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Great points. My dad did talk to him, he stated that the only thing he needed was the front cover, new brackets for the seat, the seat, and a new plenum for the air conditioning vents in the back. His center console does come with the brackets and all the wiring (he reused nothing) so I'm hoping if I just take off the lower front of the dash (where the console attaches) then it'll fit right up.... thats the hope anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread