5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center Console Swap Help!!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Recently swapped a center console from a 2019 longhorn into a 2021 power wagon that had the jump seat originally. Both had the same options.

I bought an extension for the main wiring harness and ran that from under the drivers seat to the center console and plugged it in. I also bought a usb 2.0 extension and plugged that from the dash into the usb 2.0 plug on the center console.

I have the below cord (I believe it’s the usb power, it’s the third plug next to the two usb 2.0’s in the center console) coming from the dash that’s too short to reach the input for it on the center console.

Two questions - does anyone know where I can order an extension for the below?

Also, I don’t have anything working at the moment even with the main wiring harness and usb 2.0 plugged in. Besides the above extension, does anyone know if there’s anything else I need to order?

Thx in advance!
24FFE11C-6E1E-4B7D-8142-F4FEDB716545.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RX9790

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Recently swapped a center console from a 2019 longhorn into a 2021 power wagon that had the jump seat originally. Both had the same options.

I bought an extension for the main wiring harness and ran that from under the drivers seat to the center console and plugged it in. I also bought a usb 2.0 extension and plugged that from the dash into the usb 2.0 plug on the center console.

I have the below cord (I believe it’s the usb power, it’s the third plug next to the two usb 2.0’s in the center console) coming from the dash that’s too short to reach the input for it on the center console.

Two questions - does anyone know where I can order an extension for the below?

Also, I don’t have anything working at the moment even with the main wiring harness and usb 2.0 plugged in. Besides the above extension, does anyone know if there’s anything else I need to order?

Thx in advance!
View attachment 128441

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just ddi this today. They will reach. remove the piece under the steering wheel. Unplug the ITBM on the right. Reroute the console wiring and it will barely reach of the console is almost in place. Once the console is slid in, the wires are pushed in and the ITBM can be plugged back in easily. ITBM is a black module mounted sideways, just follow the wiring back from the usb. The gray will plug in on the right hand side usb port. edit: the ITBM is the trailer brake module, if you dont have trailer brakes then it wont be there. The wires may be routed different than mine then.

Last edited:

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
Hey @RX9790, when you're explaining moving the cables around by disconnecting from ITBM, are you talking about the H shaped connector under the jumpseat? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I have my console arriving Monday and am planning out the install. I haven't torn the jumpseat out yet, but some have mentioned it not being long enough to plug into the console, and am wondering how to re route it or if that's even possible. Would prefer not to be cutting and splicing wires.

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
So are you talking about the two
USB connectors that are next to your right knee before you take out the jump seat ? I keep seeing members talking about extensions for those but if the stock ones do reach and are the same plug that’s a plus as I can’t seem to find the plug and play extensions
I purchased the harness from infotainment that plugs into the original jump seat harness that’s on the side of drives seat but not having luck with finding anything for those 2 that will end up in the ft of the console was planning on just splicing in wires if that’s what I gotta do just trying to keep it simple as possible any advise you can give on that whoukd be appreciated

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
Just installed console yesterday from jump seat
My console came with the factory harness but I did buy the one from infotainment just in case plus it’s cheap enough
Anyways the main harness is mounted on ft of full console I just unclipped and rerouted to the stock harness location that was on side of jump seat the only way I could get rear usb ports to work was take the usb plugs and harness that is mounted on the ft of the console for the media port and run those to the rear of console and plug into the rear usb ports I just taped up ends on the ones that were originally plugged into rear media hub
For the front I used the ones thar are under dash that were plugged into the drawer section of dash you do have to unclip some ties and reroute the wires a little but thell reach the ft of the console.
Everything works all ports all 110 plugs didn’t cut any wires
My truck is a 20 1500 bighorn
Donor truck was a 19 1500 not sure of model but it did have what looks like a connection for speaker wires or plug for stock amp not sure just left it unplugged and taped up the end just incase any live ends In there

dome420

Reaction score
Did mine. I was able to use all factory plugs. But was not able to get the 115v to work because I didn’t have the factory inverter

Users who are viewing this thread