5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center console molle panels

Reaction score
This has been bouncing around in my head for a while and decided to make a set so I could mount my first aid kit in a more accessible location. Also a great place to keep a simple folding knife GMRS radio or what ever else I can think of.

PXL_20230727_141425252.jpg PXL_20230727_141614274.jpg PXL_20230726_215734420.jpg

Jaybird14

Reaction score
I have a laser cutter at work that I can blast one from aluminum.
please post dims.
thanks

Reaction score
Did you just screw it right into the console?
Yes 3 are into dead space one does extend into the map pocket area might replace it with a short bolt but so far haven't had an issue with it. I do keep folded paper maps in there depending on the trip.

themust

Reaction score
Could u fashion one that clips or hangs over the edge so there’s no need to drill holes? I’d buy that for a dollar. (Extra points for anyone who can name that movie quote)

blacksheep37

Reaction score
Could u fashion one that clips or hangs over the edge so there’s no need to drill holes? I’d buy that for a dollar. (Extra points for anyone who can name that movie quote)
If take one of these too!

And I can pay for it with my extra points I earned knowing that phrase came from RoboCop

Reaction score

I'll look into seeing if i have the right dies for my press brake to make it. would then need a set bolt to keep it from sliding around and coming out when removing items from it

themust

Reaction score
The other issue for me, being here in California, is that we can't leave anything exposed in the truck as it will invite the liberation of said items from said vehicle.

Reaction score
The other issue for me, being here in California, is that we can't leave anything exposed in the truck as it will invite the liberation of said items from said vehicle.

I'll play around with a few ideas in CAD this coming week to see what might work now that the extended family has all left from Thanksgiving.

Also this is the current driver's side setup I'm running. Small bag for my EDC stuff I don't want in my pockets when driving. Rescue knife with glass brake tip and seat belt cutter Olight baton 3 flashlight and Midland GMRS radio. The 2A item is holstered on my body at this point.

PXL_20231126_194025991.jpg PXL_20231126_202659055.jpg

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
I'll look into seeing if i have the right dies for my press brake to make it. would then need a set bolt to keep it from sliding around and coming out when removing items from it

This "no drill" design would be sweet. I was thinking the same thing regarding a set bolt or some sort of rubber liners inside the overhang lip that would almost press fit and grab tight.

Reaction score
This "no drill" design would be sweet. I was thinking the same thing regarding a set bolt or some sort of rubber liners inside the overhang lip that would almost press fit and grab tight.
My issue right now is that my brake can't make that tight of a C bend with the aluminum stock I have been using for these panels. Playing with some ideas in the 3D modeling software I have and talking to my neighbor who owns a wrought iron fence company if they know anyone who has some different brakes and if I can get time on them for a few test prices.

Users who are viewing this thread