5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center console / Hanging folder and paper clip holder

jastevenson

Reaction score
Don’t recant really foresee a need for paper clips in my car. Has anyone thought of other creative ideas of what to do with the magnetic area?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, that's the coolest thing I've learned about my truck today. I had no idea you could hang file folders in there. The magnet would make a good place to put a bottle opener.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I just went and checked it out. It applies to a Bighorn Quad Cab with 5 passenger seating.

Very handy to know. I can foresee filing reservation confirmations in there on my next trip. It'll keep 'em from getting all wrinkled.

Thanks for posting.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I knew about the hanging folder slots, but stumbled upon the magnet for paper clips. Go try it. You’re welcome.
Had to check this out - didn’t know about the hanging folder feature...

And LoL on the “paper clip” holder !! It’s really the magnet for the magnetic on/off switch for the light under the center console armrest....

Rupp

Reaction score
Where did you find this info out? I've had my truck for 6 months and find new things weekly.

Semperfly22

Reaction score
I just went and checked it out. It applies to a Bighorn Quad Cab with 5 passenger seating.

Very handy to know. I can foresee filing reservation confirmations in there on my next trip. It'll keep 'em from getting all wrinkled.

Thanks for posting.
My Laramie has it.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had hanging folders in there for about a week after I got the truck. Then I had to remove them since I could hear them slide back and forth on every acceleration and brake. Never did get around to figuring out some sort of rubber or foam insert to sit on the rails to eliminate the sliding.

Users who are viewing this thread