5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center Console Cup Holder Removal

Alucard8008

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find the 3 cup holder in this picture? My truck came with the floor tray. Be nice to have the extra storage on the floor.

Attachments

• console_tray_black.jpg
    console_tray_black.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 133

Mersereau427

Reaction score
I thought I'd add these pics to this post in case anyone was curious about the retaining tab arrangement on a Limited or Longhorn center sliding console.

Attachments

• 20210308_130523.jpg
    20210308_130523.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 209
  • 20210308_130559.jpg
    20210308_130559.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 205

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought I'd add these pics to this post in case anyone was curious about the retaining tab arrangement on a Limited or Longhorn center sliding console.

So all you need to do is pry the top from the bottom and then remove the 6 screws? Can you confirm the parts #s? 1616182688706.png

Mersereau427

Reaction score
So all you need to do is pry the top from the bottom and then remove the 6 screws? Can you confirm the parts #s? View attachment 86245
Yes, just pry the top up to remove from the sliding base. I started at the rear, although it probably doesn't matter what side you pop free first.
Are you asking about the screws in the top section? I did remove the ones securing the curved piece on the cup holder side so I could clean what looked like a small coffee spill. Otherwise, there are no screws holding the top assembly to the bottom, just the tension clips.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, just pry the top up to remove from the sliding base. I started at the rear, although it probably doesn't matter what side you pop free first.
Are you asking about the screws in the top section? I did remove the ones securing the curved piece on the cup holder side so I could clean what looked like a small coffee spill. Otherwise, there are no screws holding the top assembly to the bottom, just the tension clips.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

But don't you need to order the bin piece as well, so the 2 pieces or do you just nee the Console Cup-Holder (5YE132X7AG)?

Last edited:

zukiman13

Reaction score
My truck is missing the rubber insert (bought it used) for the rear console cupholders, and I'm having trouble finding the part number on any of the Mopar parts sites. Any chance anyone wants to pull theirs and see if there is a part number stamped or stickered on the bottom/side of it so I can track one down? Thanks!
did you ever figure this out? i've been trying to find that insert as well.

tknovaman

Reaction score

tknovaman

Reaction score

Tago44

Reaction score
How do the retaining tabs release. I don’t want anything to break.

Tago44

Reaction score
I had the Dealership show me how last week because i dropped a plastic pry tool inside the cupholder cover on the limited trim. The whole top portion pops up it uses about 6 of those metal/plastic popin fasteners. the console slider itself has two pieces the lower shell that screws into the sliding rails and the upper portion with the slide lock button, cup holder and storage compartments. The slide lock mechanism is built into the upper portion that pops up so be sure to push the slide lock button in while pulling up so the release tabs on both sides don't get hung up. Sorry i didn't take any pictures i was in a rush and didn't think about it until after it was already put back in.
It takes a pretty good amount of upward force to release the fasteners then work your way from front to back.
That will give you access to the screws that connect the lower shell to the sliding rail inserts.
How do you release the popin fasteners? Sheer force? I don’t want to break anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/