Center Console Cup Holder Removal

Dave07

Reaction score
Can the cup holder in the center console be removed? Would like to remove it to wash it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdcramer1

Reaction score
Similar question, how do you remove and reverse the coin holder section?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VETTE277

Reaction score
Is the entire sliding cupholder compartment simply lift out to remove ? or is more disassembly of the entire console require ?

RebelWraith

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, in the picture below the red selected area is the coin holder. If you pull the red circled tab the rubber insert will pull straight up and you can flip it around so that the coins are not visible.

The green selected area is the cup holders. While this can be pulled out it is a bit more tricky. Just below the plastic openings for the cup holders there are rubber flaps that are part of the insert. Those have to be pulled out before the insert will pull the rest of the way out. But, it can be removed. Getting it back in can be equally tricky.

The most difficult insert to remove is the rubber insert for the rear cup holders on the center console.

console.png

VETTE277

Reaction score
Just to clarify, I'm asking if the entire sliding tray will pull out of the console by pulling out or is disassembly of the entire console required ?

I'd like to swap it with the limited sliding tray they has the covers on the cup holder and organizer.

VETTE277

Reaction score
Looking if anyone has an instructions to remove the entire sliding tray. I'd like to swap one from a limited

trembley22

Reaction score
So, in the picture below the red selected area is the coin holder. If you pull the red circled tab the rubber insert will pull straight up and you can flip it around so that the coins are not visible.

The green selected area is the cup holders. While this can be pulled out it is a bit more tricky. Just below the plastic openings for the cup holders there are rubber flaps that are part of the insert. Those have to be pulled out before the insert will pull the rest of the way out. But, it can be removed. Getting it back in can be equally tricky.

The most difficult insert to remove is the rubber insert for the rear cup holders on the center console.

View attachment 45356
On that note, any suggestions for how to reinstall the rear cupholder for the center console?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking if anyone has an instructions to remove the entire sliding tray. I'd like to swap one from a limited
I’m going to doubt you can just swap the cup holder and coin tray slider for a limited. Probably need two tracks for the cup holder and coin slot and also the cover to slide on.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
There is a prior post discussing the part numbers and cost for the conversion. As I recall, the upper part with the cup holders and lids is just under 400.00, and the deeper bottom part is around 35.00. It's a bit pricey, but a direct swap.

agciv

Reaction score
Can someone point me to this thread? I really want to install the limited cup holders but need the write up on how to remove the whole tray.

Thanks

badger

Reaction score
I had the Dealership show me how last week because i dropped a plastic pry tool inside the cupholder cover on the limited trim. The whole top portion pops up it uses about 6 of those metal/plastic popin fasteners. the console slider itself has two pieces the lower shell that screws into the sliding rails and the upper portion with the slide lock button, cup holder and storage compartments. The slide lock mechanism is built into the upper portion that pops up so be sure to push the slide lock button in while pulling up so the release tabs on both sides don't get hung up. Sorry i didn't take any pictures i was in a rush and didn't think about it until after it was already put back in.
It takes a pretty good amount of upward force to release the fasteners then work your way from front to back.
That will give you access to the screws that connect the lower shell to the sliding rail inserts.

jhartrva

Reaction score