5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center console armrest (lid) removal?

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to remove the center console armrest? Mine has quite a loud squeak on the passenger seat side whenever a passenger rests their arm on it.

Thanks

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to remove the center console armrest? Mine has quite a loud squeak on the passenger seat side whenever a passenger rests their arm on it.

Thanks
Take it to the dealer. I had the same issue and they replaced it under warranty over a year ago. Haven’t had issues with the new one since. The squeak was driving my crazy...

Cheers,

aevus

Reaction score

Thanks
Sorry for reviving such an old post, but I want to switch my center console armrest lid, as I have a bighorn and bought an OEM lid with the RAM logo on it and red/white stitching. Did you ever find out how to change just the lid? Thanks!

Rschupp

Reaction score
Did Anybody have a procedure on how to remove just the lid?

BobbyLeeSniper

Reaction score
Procedure. Remove Endcap first. Then lid.

Attachments

• Console End Cap Removal.pdf
    406.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Console Lid Removal.pdf
    356.2 KB · Views: 223

Bigman621

Reaction score
Sorry for reviving such an old post, but I want to switch my center console armrest lid, as I have a bighorn and bought an OEM lid with the RAM logo on it and red/white stitching. Did you ever find out how to change just the lid? Thanks!
Aevus, Did you ever figure this out? I just switched my lid and all it took was removing 5 screws and the latch assembly. Took all of 5 min. Let me know.

Bigman621

Reaction score
Did Anybody have a procedure on how to remove just the lid?
Did you ever find a solution without disassembling the entire console? I just switched to a lid with the embossed Ram logo and did it in less than 5 min with virtually no disassembly.

xspeedy

Reaction score
i found this:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i found this:

Man I wish that I had seen that link before i replaced mine :rolleyes:, I did a little more disassembly. On the bright side, I got to sit in the back seat while I did it...it's quite spacious back there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/