5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cellular Connectivity/ onboard WIFI Issues 2021 Ram 1500 DT

tsc74

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding redundant since I haven't been on the forum in months, does anyone have any solid intel on what the deal is with AT&T and Chrysler regarding the cellular data connection for WIFI use on 2021 1500 DT trucks and if there are any fixes around the corner? As many others are probably experiencing, I haven't had WIFI functionality in my truck for almost a year!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I called AT&T and the said Uconnect says they are working on a fix, but no ETA of course.

tsc74

Reaction score
I called AT&T and the said Uconnect says they are working on a fix, but no ETA of course.
Roger that. Has there been any suggestions for implementing a standalone WIFI system without having to use your hotspot function on your phone?

bvigne01

Reaction score
Mine use to work and then stoped working. I was told it was a software issue and I needed to upgrade to UCONNECT_12.1_UAX_PR40.1_DT,D2,DD,DP,DJ_MY19-21. I took it to the dealer and did the update but it didn’t fix it. I called uconnect back and was told they are still working with AT&T on a fix. i was told it should be fixed by the end of the year but I don’t believe them. I don’t think it will ever be fixed.

bvigne01

Reaction score
On the hotspot front don’t use a T-Mobile hotspot. I’ve had two. One 4G and one 5G and both stoped working after a software update was pushed to the device. When it works T-Mobile 5g is fast. I got 200 -300 mbps most the time. Once the hotspot stoped working I had to get with the manufacturer and not T-Mobile. I just don’t trust their hotspots to work longer than a year after having two stop working For no reason. My T-Mobile hotspot die was the reason I tried to go back to the truck hotspot

tsc74

Reaction score
On the hotspot front don’t use a T-Mobile hotspot. I’ve had two. One 4G and one 5G and both stoped working after a software update was pushed to the device. When it works T-Mobile 5g is fast. I got 200 -300 mbps most the time. Once the hotspot stoped working I had to get with the manufacturer and not T-Mobile. I just don’t trust their hotspots to work longer than a year after having two stop working For no reason. My T-Mobile hotspot die was the reason I tried to go back to the truck hotspot
Thanks for the heads up.

Pschne1

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with U(dis)Connect. All they did was tell me to call ATT and had no idea. Shocking…). Then I called ATT who said same as others reported that Stellanis or whatever they call themselves today is working on a fix, but a year? ATT said, and I think this is pure speculation, that there will be an OTA to fix this, but I will believe it when I see the popup on my screen.

Clearly they do not care about UConnect 4 users, but there are millions of cars with it. Am I the only idiot who pays to have WIFI in their truck? They did give me a 6 month credit so at least I got that, and the rep and manager I spoke to were very helpful and nice, but could not fix the issue. I will follow up when I get my next bill in a few weeks.

Snotadoodge

Reaction score
Anyone have an update on when WIFI will return to RAM? As I understand it, the issue is a deal between AT&T and Stalantis/RAM.

Been following this forum on it, but no real answers thee either.

We use it on vacations so the passengers can use ipads or for work connectivity as needed. We can pay to get a hotspot turned on, but having it work without any device limitations in the truck is ideal (and what we paid for in this very expensive vehicle).

RTRAMNV

Reaction score
TSB: 08-234-22 GROUP 08 Electrical was issued on 12/16/2022 but it appears the actual software update may have not yet gone out to us. The glaring omission is that RAM 1500's are not included as affected vehicles but it specifically notes that "This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a Uconnect 4C Nav With 8.4” Display radio (Sales Codes UAV or UCV)." So I don't know where I stand because my 2019 1500 is clearly affected with the WiFi issue. It also is looking like it might not be AT&T and is actually on Stellantis who is now finally dealing with this flawed software. At least I hope.

Attachments

• MC-10229819-9999.pdf
    348.3 KB · Views: 12

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you seen this bulletin?

Attachments

• WIFI.pdf
    207.1 KB · Views: 12

Snotadoodge

Reaction score
Have you seen this bulletin?
That does not include the 1500 and does not address ATT saying my truck does not have this feature, even though I have signed up a few times before.

I also was at the dealership last week and they had no ideas and nothing related to my VIN as a solution.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That does not include the 1500 and does not address ATT saying my truck does not have this feature, even though I have signed up a few times before.

I also was at the dealership last week and they had no ideas and nothing related to my VIN as a solution.
I will start by apologizing, I meant to respond to @RTRAMNV and his message. Yes it does apply to the 19-20 DT, its on the list.

This TSB applies to 2021 DT 8.4 4C radios. For WIFI.

What is your software level?

Attachments

• wifi connection.pdf
    207.4 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread