5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cellphone holders

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For those of you running lower trims without the wireless charging pads, what are you all using for cellphone holders? Any suggestions?

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
b634832469aa764eccc8b47fbbbe2816.jpg

I added this to center console. I don’t need to hold it where I can see it and I like not messing with a cord going in or out.

sppb32

Reaction score
I have one of this automatic ones in all my vehicles, they work great and charge fast it can be tricky to install but it's worth the time
a119430fedf671c39487b25ee6407458.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Reaction score
I'm using the one in my big horn. It came with a cell phone holder, but not the wireless charger. I just use the cable since I use Android Auto.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm using the one in my big horn. It came with a cell phone holder, but not the wireless charger. I just use the cable since I use Android Auto.

Same - the holder in the console works fine for holding the phone. But maybe I am doing something wrong since I can't see where I need my phone accessible while I am driving.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The built in one that comes with the truck. Use Carplay so I have no reason to see my phone while I am in the truck.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
+ 1 on the proclip. Check out this thread vvvvv.

TVANVA

Reaction score
+2 on the ProClip. I've had it for over a year now with no issues. Perfect placement of the phone where you can see it well, but not interfere with steering or any control.

No longer have to look down to see who is calling, pause my audio book, peek at the radar app, etc. Hint, you can rationalize the cost from that safety aspect.

Solid, grips phone well but easy to slide phone up and out.

Not the cheapest but totally worth it IMHO.

silver billet

Reaction score
My front seat is different since I have the bench, and there isn't a nice spot for the phone that prevents it from rolling around etc.

silver billet

Reaction score
I have one of this automatic ones in all my vehicles, they work great and charge fast it can be tricky to install but it's worth the time
a119430fedf671c39487b25ee6407458.jpg

What's the brand of this?

SharkLazer

Reaction score
I'm not sure if all trims have it or not, but the "pocket" on the dash above the center has a support line in it for a phone/tablet in my rebel. I didn't notice it right away and it's too small to work with my case, but if you had a smaller (or no) case it would maybe sit there quite well.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I'm not sure if all trims have it or not, but the "pocket" on the dash above the center has a support line in it for a phone/tablet in my rebel. I didn't notice it right away and it's too small to work with my case, but if you had a smaller (or no) case it would maybe sit there quite well.
I have a really bulky case on mine and it works. I just have to push it in harder.

Apettit13

Reaction score
I have a Bulletproof Mounting Solutions mount. It actually bolts in (to existing holes) so you don’t have to worry about bs suction cups and whatnot. Strong, sturdy, and holds my phone right where I need. 10/10

SharkLazer

Reaction score
I have a really bulky case on mine and it works. I just have to push it in harder.

The one that's on top of the dash? I might have to use more force...

The one next to the wireless charger below the center controls takes some force, but not too much with the case on.

sppb32

Reaction score
What's the brand of this?
Not sure, it doesn't have any brand name, it's also almost 2 years old it was on my Mustang before, I bought 3 for $16 each.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Plug my phone in for Carplay and sit it in the wireless charger pad. Don't need to look at it with carplay enabled, so the pad still works for me!

silver billet

Reaction score
Thanks guys, just ordered the proclip. I like how the base is custom designed for each truck.

Users who are viewing this thread