5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cell phone quick connect/disconnect ideas?

SickSix

Reaction score
For those that do, how are you connecting your phone for Android Auto or Apple Carplay? Has anyone found a way to mount the cable so you can connect/disconnect one-handed? I really like the idea of being able to jump in the truck, and connect my phone without holding the cable in one hand and phone in the other. I have the wireless charging area in the center console, and a usb cable sitting in the phone holder part at the bottom, but it's not tight enough to keep the cable from moving.

I've seen this idea mentioned in a couple other threads as side comments, but didn't see any threads dedicated to this specifically.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a wireless CarPlay adapter. No longer need to plug in to get CarPlay. And if you have or add a wireless charger, you’re all set

I have a wireless charger but I have no need for CarPlay.

b0dbbed118be58ce0b3f74cf91f9ef5d.jpg

SickSix

Reaction score
There is a wireless CarPlay adapter. No longer need to plug in to get CarPlay. And if you have or add a wireless charger, you’re all set

Ya, unfortunately, I'm on Android, and haven't found any wireless adapters with decent reviews or price.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You could probably 3D print something that holds the cable in the phone holder slot and you just put your phone on that. What would that save you, 1 second? Also gotta make sure you plug it in correctly or you'll sit there fiddling with it trying to get it connected.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Magnetic USB cables + iOttie OneTouch

I use AAuto and wireless charging is really not all that great - hardwire all the way.

There's a giant thread somewhere on how phones are being mounted, take a look at that to get some quick mount/dismount ideas

Users who are viewing this thread