5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cell Phone Bluetooth disconnects randomly from truck - any solutions?

ItsEric

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an annoying problem where my phone/truck will randomly disconnect via the Bluetooth connection, sometimes several times on the same drive. Has this been reported and is there any fixes available?

I have a new 2022 Ram Laramie (bought Oct 2021) with the 12 inch screen. My phone is a newer Samsung Galaxy S21 with current updates.
Phone is in my breast pocket or in the center console just sitting there
I do use waze for my driving map and that's primarily how I notice the disconnect because I'll get the full screen disconnect message. It'll reconnect after 20-60 seconds.

Thanks, Eric

sessman

Reaction score
I have a bluetooth phone disconnect issue as well. Seems like every time I get in my truck I need to re-pair the phone, super annoying. What instantly fixes it is plugging it in via USB-C. When the Android Auto recognizes it the UConnect then remembers it instantly as well. If anyone knows of a fix let me know!

RDHose

Reaction score
I have a similar issue but my Bluetooth just does not connect and will not connect again until I turn off the truck and repair the connection.

Dcam2man

Reaction score
Following, same issue. 2022 REBEL, October 2021 build date. The only way I can use CarPlay is to connect the phone with a usb cable or do the whole pairing routine each time I start the truck. No amount of following pairing instructions or factory reset solves the issue.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A bit off topic...

2020 Laramie with 8.4" non-nav Uconnect4.

If I have my phone plugged in and Android Auto running, then turn the truck off and back on (phone still plugged in the whole time), I need to re-plugin the phone for AA to show up on the truck screen and work.

Is this just how it is or is there a Uconnect in app/phone setting that can be changed so AA shows on the truck upon restarting without needing to re-pkugin the phone?

Sanders

Reaction score
Same problem. Mine will pair every time but looses connection after about an hour of driving. 8.4nav screen with iPhone.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure if this is your problem, but I have heard of many others having issues and it's associated with the phone. This procedure has helped where Uconnect loses my phone contact info.

On the Android, you need to make "Developer options" visible in the settings. Once you have that option, select it, scroll down to the Networking section and locate the "Bluetooth PBAP". Click the Bluetooth PBAP Version, and change from PBAP 1.2 to PBAP 1.1. Click Apply. Then go back in and change it back to PBAP 1.2 and Apply.

See if this helps. I haven't had any issues since doing this.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
I took a 9 hour road trip on Monday and used Waze through CarPlay and I lost the connection to my iPhone several times during the trip. That was really my first issue(s) with UConnect although I only have 4K miles on my Limited.

Users who are viewing this thread