5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEL: P26FB

Rebel_driver

Reaction score
Had code P26FB come on this morning.

Some background… I recently sprayed some lube on the outside of my exhaust valve as it was squeaking for the longest time. The squeak is now gone.

When researching that code it mentions something about an EGR bypass valve being stuck closed.

Has anyone experienced this?

Rebel_driver

Reaction score
Update:

Prior to my check engine light my truck was at the dealership because my thermostat housing was leaking. When they tried to fix it they broke one of the bolts. They had to tap a new hole to fix the left bolt.

When I googled P26FB, TSB#: S2018000001 came up. It specifically calls to inspect an EGR hose that passes near that thermostat housing. Low and behold I find electrical tape wrapped around the hose near the bolt. This leads me to believe they damaged that hose while they were fixing my thermostat housing. I have an appointment next week.

Attachments

• IMG_8333.png
    IMG_8333.png
    296.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8316.jpeg
    IMG_8316.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 22

tom318

Reaction score
Things like this are beyond annoying. People being lazy and just trying to rush through things. I didn't have a CEL but recently dealt with similar issues with a body shop just slapping things together.....had to go back 3 times.

Ggarcia58

Reaction score
Is this an easy fix, I am showing a P26FB DTC code. Can someone steer me in the right direction please

Users who are viewing this thread