5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEL on Remote Start

Gregbj33

Reaction score
Guys,
Need some help. Over last few days I’ve had an issue where when I try to remote start my truck, it starts then shuts off and when I start with button, cel comes on. I have a Tazer and no DTCs show, but I still clear the light. Then I can start the truck with push button and no light. But the next time I try to remote start, light comes back on. I’ve gone 4 straight days avoiding remote start and cel stays off, then the first time I try remote, it starts then shuts off and cel shows again. Are there things the computer checks on remote start different from push button that would only cause light to come on when remote starting but not starting it from inside the truck?

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does it happen with the tazer unplugged?

Gregbj33

Reaction score
I unmarried it and removed and at first it did start remotely with no issues. But tried it a second time 20 mins later and light back on

Users who are viewing this thread