5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CD player starts randomly

Cdcrawford25

Reaction score
Twice in the past week upon starting the truck for some reason the CD I have in the single player started playing even though when I parked the truck the source was Sirius/Xm? Anyone who has a CD inserted notice this inconsistent behavior with the 12.1?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
8.4 does it too, once every 20 starts, give-or-take. Add it to the list of gremlins in the FCA software.

JDRebel12

Reaction score
Mine does it, too. Completely random...no rhyme or reason. Frustrating.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Just got my truck this past Saturday, 12-29, have already noticed the same thing. I though it was something I was doing or a setting somewhere I hadn't found yet.

jfisher34

Reaction score
Just picked up mine on 2/14. My CD starts playing EVERY time I start my truck even though I turned it off with Sirius playing??

SupremeWill

Reaction score
Same here too guys. I was at the dealer for service, my guy laughed, then smiled, and said its normal.....Im thinking "its normal" is the go to answer for FCA.

Boozygoose

Reaction score
Add me to the list. I haven't narrowed it down, just intermittently happens. Only goes from Sirius to CD. Haven't seen it ever go from USB thumb drive to CD.

chopped54

Reaction score
I think I am more surprised there is over a half dozen people who still listen to CDs

jfisher34

Reaction score
Same here too guys. I was at the dealer for service, my guy laughed, then smiled, and said its normal.....Im thinking "its normal" is the go to answer for FCA.

I just asked FCA support and they said to take it to a dealer because it isn't supposed to act this way. GOOD LUCK!

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Mine still does this. May go several days without doing it, this past Friday it done it three times that I remember.
Weird deal. I still get the Sirius preview channel about every time I start the truck for the first few seconds of play. I think the new system definettly have some bugs that need to be worked out.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I don't think I remember it ever switching to CD when I do a remote start, just when I jump in and fire it up.. That doesn't make any sense but but remote started once yesterday and it stayed on Sirius, twice I started from inside the truck and it switched both times. This morning was remote start and was on Sirius.
I'll have to start paying more attention and see what it does, not that it helps any.

Users who are viewing this thread