5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CB Radio

Spush89

Reaction score
Has anyone mounted a CB radio in their cab? Ever year I go on a road trip with multiple friends and the CB radio is an easy way to communicate with one another as we are going down the highway. Looking for ideas. My truck is the 5 passenger configuration with the center console.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Made a bracket that hooks to the phone mount. Antenna mounted to Bed utility rail.

Attachments

• cb mount.jpg
    cb mount.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 75
  • fire-stick.jpg
    fire-stick.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

NWRogue

Reaction score
If you want a front fender mount, this one works on the new body style:

Getting it through the firewall is a bit of a chore on the ED as there is not a lot of room where the built in hole is. After cutting the nipple I lubed the wire with Japanese knife oil and it went through fine, had to stop every now and then and back it out as the nipple started to collapse on itself.

Note that this pass through is not very big, so if you have a cable with connectors already you may need to cut one off.

Going to drill holes in the magazine rack on the drivers side console to mount my radio.

Users who are viewing this thread