5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2020 Ram 1500 With New Tailgate Design:

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I have actually no idea if or when anything is actually coming. We do know they are working on something for tailgate or bed entry..but they could decide to never bring it to market.

My timeline is actually 2021 or after to upgrade to a 5th gen. By then my 4th gen will be at or over 150k miles, and i'll know what new engines Ram is adding along with the updated look of the refreshed 5th gen or the potentially new midsized ram (if they go Rampage concept direction = maybe, if they go subcompact/smaller than current midsized = no)

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Here's a screenshot of the parts list I have for the mulitfunction tailgate. I'm pretty sure it's set in stone, but as far as when it's coming is still unknown... maybe at the NAIAS show?
Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 5.12.38 PM.png

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Here's a screenshot of the parts list I have for the mulitfunction tailgate. I'm pretty sure it's set in stone, but as far as when it's coming is still unknown... maybe at the NAIAS show?
View attachment 12419

Nice! Is this from a more detailed patent? I haven't seen this shown anywhere before. Thank you.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have to wonder if this will be 'something different'/'something fresh' for the 2020 model year. :unsure:

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Nice! Is this from a more detailed patent? I haven't seen this shown anywhere before. Thank you.
No, there are actual part numbers at the bottom of the page. Like I said it's a screenshot from my documents, several of the parts already have revisions which tells me they've been testing for a while.

19BH

Reaction score
Page 79 of my owners manual shows a “swing gate” warning light * if equipped. Listed right by tailgate open light. Seems like this may have been planned for the 2019??

Users who are viewing this thread