5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cats pricing?

Jack.

Reaction score
Curious, I'm in the market for some oem cats but I think dealership pricing are crazy.. what do they usually go for ? I tried searching ebay but couldn't really find em

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Curious, I'm in the market for some oem cats but I think dealership pricing are crazy.. what do they usually go for ? I tried searching ebay but couldn't really find em
Why are you looking for OEM cats?

Jack.

Reaction score
Why are you looking for OEM cats?
The shop that installed my longtube broke the old cats and I'm going to be trading in for a trx so I'm reverting it back to stock ☠️ or trying to prior to trade in

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s worth it to convert back to stock. The value of the vehicle will be the same

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The shop that installed my longtube broke the old cats and I'm going to be trading in for a trx so I'm reverting it back to stock ☠️ or trying to prior to trade in
Maybe see if you can find someone local that will swap you

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
it must not be every state (im in Arizona) but i have traded in a car and a truck in the past 8 months for new. Also know 2 others who have traded in trucks as well and same. They did NOT check out anything like that. My last truck before trade in was modified. Has all the wires running for two 12 inch subs, they didnt care or check, i had a exhaust and resonator delete they didnt even turn on the truck or care, had muti color LED footwell lights and nothing, windsheild and windows were limo all around and nothing.
what im getting at is i believe @theblet is right, i dont think they are going to care at all nor will it change the value on the trade in for long tube headers of all things. Shoot if anything another buyer will think OH COOL NO BROKEN EXHAUST MANIFOLD OR BOLTS! i know i would

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did your long tubes come with cats, or did you go without? If the are catted, I agree with others who say just roll with it. If they aren't and you live in a state where they do inspections, I guess I could see why you would want them.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’d roll with it either way. Isn’t worth the trouble

Jack.

Reaction score
I was trying to see if its worth selling the longtube, the longtube was kooks greencats so the cats are there.

But you guys are right, i do not believe they inspect, im going to be buying out of VA and i spoke with the sale person today and they said as long as theres cats it doesnt matter.

Users who are viewing this thread