5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven TR

Jgervin85

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the universal Carven PN: CVESTR30 will work for my 2021 Ram. Want to make sure the 3 inch inlet and outlet is gonna be ok for this year. 5.7L btw with the dual tips.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210823-113140_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210823-113140_Chrome.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the stock exhaust on the hemis is 3" in, but most have dual out that is not 3" (I believe its 2.5", but someone correct me if my memory is failing with any of these measurements). Not sure on the ecodeisels or v6s, I don't see that information listed anywhere about your truck so it's hard to say. If like most of us you have the dual tips in the bumper, you have a dual out muffler and you would need to figure something out there (or the installer), with this muffler being single out.

Jgervin85

Reaction score
I believe the stock exhaust on the hemis is 3" in, but most have dual out that is not 3" (I believe its 2.5", but someone correct me if my memory is failing with any of these measurements). Not sure on the ecodeisels or v6s, I don't see that information listed anywhere about your truck so it's hard to say. If like most of us you have the dual tips in the bumper, you have a dual out muffler and you would need to figure something out there (or the installer), with this muffler being single out.
Yes sorry I edited my post, its the 5.7 with dual tips and I think I've heard it drops to 2.5 inches to "Y" out to the tailpipes. I've actually had trouble with multiple mufflers trying to find one that shows compatible with the 2021. Like the flowmaster super 44 says it doesn't fit this year on Holleys website but fits 2020. Not sure if they changed something up for the 21's or what.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes sorry I edited my post, its the 5.7 with dual tips and I think I've heard it drops to 2.5 inches to "Y" out to the tailpipes. I've actually had trouble with multiple mufflers trying to find one that shows compatible with the 2021. Like the flowmaster super 44 says it doesn't fit this year on Holleys website but fits 2020. Not sure if they changed something up for the 21's or what.

Are you looking specifically for a direct fit muffler to install on your own? Or are you taking it to a exhaust shop? If exhaust shop, just get whatever single in/dual out muffler you want with the correct in/out diameter, and let them deal with it. I don't have any experience with the direct fit kits so maybe someone else here can help with that if that's what you are looking for. Otherwise yeah just look for a muffler in the correct configuration and let an exhaust shop weld the new one in.

As for the muffler you posted in your first post, that wouldn't work well just due to the single out it has. You can always ask some local exhaust shops if they'd be willing to take it on, but it will be a lot easier if you find a single in/dual out muffler.

Jgervin85

Reaction score
Are you looking specifically for a direct fit muffler to install on your own? Or are you taking it to a exhaust shop? If exhaust shop, just get whatever single in/dual out muffler you want with the correct in/out diameter, and let them deal with it. I don't have any experience with the direct fit kits so maybe someone else here can help with that if that's what you are looking for. Otherwise yeah just look for a muffler in the correct configuration and let an exhaust shop weld the new one in.

As for the muffler you posted in your first post, that wouldn't work well just due to the single out it has. You can always ask some local exhaust shops if they'd be willing to take it on, but it will be a lot easier if you find a single in/dual out muffler.
Yea I am taking it to a shop. I've seen a few videos of the Carven on Rams but not a 2021. I like the sound of it and it's $99. That's why I wanted to go this route instead of a bolt in that's 350 or so plus install. It's between that or a Super 44. I attached a screenshot from a video of the single out. They must have used some kind of converter piece.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210823-215546_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210823-215546_YouTube.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 14

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I am taking it to a shop. I've seen a few videos of the Carven on Rams but not a 2021. I like the sound of it and it's $99. That's why I wanted to go this route instead of a bolt in that's 350 or so plus install. It's between that or a Super 44. I attached a screenshot from a video of the single out. They must have used some kind of converter piece.

Yeah it looks like they installed a y pipe right after the muffler as oppose to going dual out? I prefer the cost saving muffler swap as well vs the direct fit just because of the abundance of variety that way, but in this case I would show that picture to your installer and ask if they can make that happen.

Klicht87

Reaction score
The factory exhaust is single in 3" single out 3" to Y pipe down to 2.5" split to the taillpipes. You can use that muffler. Not sure the length in comparison to the factory muffler but they may just have to weld an extension pipe to reach the y-pipe. I would try and leave as much intact as possible. People like the direct fit cut and clamps because you can do it in your driveway. Welding is always usually better than clamping but then again, my Borla ATAK is clamped with now issues.

Users who are viewing this thread