5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven muffler and still quiet

cgolacinski

Reaction score
I have a 2021 ram 1500 with the 5.7 etorque. I have an aftermarket carven muffler on it. It was the smallest and loudest I could find. Even after a year of it being this way it’s still very quiet. It’s not very much louder than stock. It sounds good but just really quiet. Anyone know why this is?

Island ram

Reaction score
Wish I could help, I have 2021 1500 w5.7 ( not etorque ) with aftermarket carven muffler and it sounds really good, everything else is stock….
I had a 2019 Charger r/t and exhaust was stock, when I changed out the exhaust tips to carven 5 inch, made a big difference

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Some of our rams have 3 resonators. I believe the rebel has 2 but others like the limited have 3 to help quiet them down. I am coming from a 4th gen with a carven progressive. Im debating a muffler delete or the carven R series.

Night Rebel

Reaction score
I have the same carven. Removed the rear resonator and installed b2 fabrication res deletes. And sounds nice and loud!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the Flowmaster Outlaw, which compares similarly to the Carven in terms of loudness, and my Rebel with all 3 of my resonators will wake up my neighbors at a cold start.

This could be a case of individual perception and tolerances to "loudness". The removal of your resonators will help as a next step.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Remove the resonators.

And remember when windows are up you’re anc is active if you have it. Making it more quiet.

Carven With resonators

Without

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Remove the resonators.

And remember when windows are up you’re anc is active if you have it. Making it more quiet.

Carven With resonators

Without

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How affective is ANC with the drone from the carven? pre res delete and post.

Users who are viewing this thread