5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven competitor Cat back exhaust installed on my Limited (with video)

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what brand/model you guys recommend that's not going to **** off my neighbors? I had a borla exhaust on my last truck and it was perfect.. only loud when punched.

I haven't tried all of them, but the magnaflow I have is VERY mellow.
If it pisses of your neighbors, I would say get new neighbors.
Kidding aside, it's very tame.

kingkasc

Reaction score
I haven't tried all of them, but the magnaflow I have is VERY mellow.
If it pisses of your neighbors, I would say get new neighbors.
Kidding aside, it's very tame.
haha! thanks for the input, the magnaflow is on the top of my list.

93CBRA

Reaction score
Sounds great, love it!! Do you know if the mopar side step will fit with this exhaust?

mec201

Reaction score
Does anyone know why they discontinued making the full cat back set up?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like to know as well
I believe it was mainly due to fitment issues. They were having a lot of trouble with their kits not lining up correctly and were sending out full replacements to some people. I still need to fix mine as my left tailpipe is not aligned properly in the bumber.

Kennydoyle

Reaction score
I believe it was mainly due to fitment issues. They were having a lot of trouble with their kits not lining up correctly and were sending out full replacements to some people. I still need to fix mine as my left tailpipe is not aligned properly in the bumber.
I hope they fix it and come out with a new model. Love the sound wish I could buy it now

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hope they fix it and come out with a new model. Love the sound wish I could buy it now
They do have a new kit out but it is not a full catback. It comes with a muffler replacement and new tips but I believe it uses the stock pipes. I believe some websites do still have the old version in stock.

Michael454rs

Reaction score
any one know if the kit in the video is the full cat back or just the cut and clamp muffler?

Michael454rs

Reaction score
nvm just saw on the OP's bio its the full cat back, just purchased the cut and clamp kit for my 2019 rebel, still a bit worried about the loudness. listening to the videos and keeping in mind I will be keeping the stock piping and resonator I'm hoping for a decent not overbearing note.

Sandhu

Reaction score
I have emailed Carven and they said that their full cat-back system for the competitor series will be available in the next 30-45 days.

19Laramie93

Reaction score
Yes carven has been a pain in the *** to deal with. Unfortunately the cat back they discontinued is the only system I want right now. They have replied to me a couple times. Each time they said its coming in another month. Now they won't even reply to me. So if anyone can shed some light if they are actually going to re make a cat back kit for the 19 rams that would be great.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes carven has been a pain in the *** to deal with. Unfortunately the cat back they discontinued is the only system I want right now. They have replied to me a couple times. Each time they said its coming in another month. Now they won't even reply to me. So if anyone can shed some light if they are actually going to re make a cat back kit for the 19 rams that would be great.
I wouldn't give them my business

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is funny, when I posted my thread months ago about this issue everyone jumped on me about how carven is awesome and I’m just a ******. Turns out.... they don’t even make the kit anymore. Surprise. Surprise.

The sound is great, their service not so much.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
nvm just saw on the OP's bio its the full cat back, just purchased the cut and clamp kit for my 2019 rebel, still a bit worried about the loudness. listening to the videos and keeping in mind I will be keeping the stock piping and resonator I'm hoping for a decent not overbearing note.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but how would you say your cut and clamp kit is compared to this catback? Like loudness, drone, & raspy-wise? I’m really torn between the two and would love to hear from somebody with the cut and clamp muffler. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread