5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven competitor Cat back exhaust installed on my Limited (with video)

SMS Limited

Reaction score
I went to Carven and picked up a competitor cat back for my Limited. I got it installed down the street from them and I was blown away!

First of all let me answer a few questions that people prob have and concerns that I had before pulling the trigger to get this exhaust.

I was concerned that the exhaust would just be super loud all the time and overpower the cab and just be annoying. From my experience in driving with the exhaust today in the city, on the highway, in traffic and at high speeds exhaust is basically kind of bi-polar. I mean that in the sense that it is loud but not super aggressive at low RPM’s or if you basically just take off normally, but is a crazy raspy loud and awesome sounding exhaust if you give it some gas. I found myself grinning from ear to ear and feeling like the truck finally matches the mean aggressive look of the truck.

My use of the truck is as follows. This is my work truck and I need to pull up to some clients offices without sounding like a ******* and this exhaust can accomplish that with a nice clean rumble if I just ease into it and cruise around the parking lot or whatever. When I’m not needing to be professional with it I can really have a lot of fun with the sound.

One concern was the drone that this exhaust would have, I can honestly say that crusing around and with the eco mode engaged, I couldn’t hear it really at all, like a faint rumble but in a good way, never once even with the windows and back window rolled down did I ever get annoyed with the sound or feel like it interfered with the cab. It can be completely crazy and obnoxious when you want to show off or just enjoy the screaming sounds, but I also have 2 4yr olds and a 1month old baby that I can travel around with and my family isn’t going to be annoyed, especially since this wide truck fits 3car seats the best out of all my cars.

I made a YouTube video and will make a few more to share the sounds

SMS Limited

Reaction score
Sounds nice although it might be a bit too loud for me (must be getting old). Looking forward to more sound clips.
Yea I understand, it is super loud when you ant it to be, but if you aren’t revving the heck out of it it’s just a low rumble. If this was my main daily driving vehicle I would only be concerned about upsetting my neighbors if I leave really early or late but overall it just make the truck way more fun and does get some attention.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Oh, the model name is "competitor"... That threw me off at first. Thought you had gone with a competing product :oops:
Sounds great man. Nice job.

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
That sounds nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Cold start this morning

Nice trailer hitch there, fellow autobot! :cool:

I think the hemi benefits bigtime from aftermarket exhaust.
After having had one and heard others, I can't go back to stock on the gen5 that's coming.

There's a few rebels around me.
None of us are running stock exhaust. I don't know any of their names, we just do that bro-nod when we pass, and give it some gas pedal, like a bunch of mechanical wolves howling into the night.
Kind of amusing

Attachments

• Autobots.png
    Autobots.png
    796.3 KB · Views: 83

John

Reaction score
Sounds good, but my next door neighbor has a 3 year old and an 8 month old, that wouldn't mix well AT ALL!!!

SMS Limited

Reaction score
Sounds good, but my next door neighbor has a 3 year old and an 8 month old, that wouldn't mix well AT ALL!!!
Depends on when you leave, I have twin 4 year olds and a 1 month old and haven’t had any issues with it bothering them or waking the baby, I’ve had all 3 asleep in the car starting it and driving without waking them up.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on when you leave, I have twin 4 year olds and a 1 month old and haven’t had any issues with it bothering them or waking the baby, I’ve had all 3 asleep in the car starting it and driving without waking them up.

I believe Carven makes their "progressive" series as the step down in noise, sorta like borla's touring system?

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
I believe Carven makes their "progressive" series as the step down in noise, sorta like borla's touring system?
Carven says the comp is actually quieter than the progressive for the 2019 so they aren’t making it at the moment for the 5th gen

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Carven says the comp is actually quieter than the progressive for the 2019 so they aren’t making it at the moment for the 5th gen

Hmm, interesting.
I would have thought that having the same 5.7L engine would have made the exhaust systems simple and pretty close to eachother? Guess I thought wrong

kingkasc

Reaction score
what brand/model you guys recommend that's not going to **** off my neighbors? I had a borla exhaust on my last truck and it was perfect.. only loud when punched.

Users who are viewing this thread