5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven 5" Tips - Can't Tighten

Tellsch

Reaction score
Hey Guys - just got the 5" Carven tips for my '20 1500. Is there trick to getting them locked down? I bottom out the clamp and still cannot get them tight. It seems like either the clamp is all the way on the truck side (where it would be for OEM), or not on enough to get a good grab on the tips.

Last edited:

Tellsch

Reaction score
It says to use the OEM clamps. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe my clamps are worn out?

Joe_Lake

Reaction score
I ended up taking mine to the exhaust shop and having them welded on. Clamp broke and didn't want to fit right. Seemed like the easiest way to go.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Tellsch

Reaction score
Going to give them a call, tried earlier and no answer. All the videos I saw online looked like the clamp was bottomed out too.

Really trying to avoid welding these...might just return them. I couldn't find any posts around this issue in the past and I know there are a bunch of these installed out there.

Tellsch

Reaction score
Ended up getting it to work. You have to make sure the clamp is more on the tip side than the main exhaust side. Both clamps are bottomed out - the tips aren't quite as secured as OEM, but they wont move during normal use.

Users who are viewing this thread