5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carplay volume issue with all sources

Bearman95

Reaction score
What type of radio do you guys have? I have the 8.4 screen with Nav and alpine radio and mine has been flawless for a year now. 2020 ram Laramie! It sounds great on Apple CarPlay, even better than Bluetooth. Very clear and crisp and the volume will go up without a problem. It also charges my I phone. It could be your phone that’s maybe not up-to-date.

spiG

Reaction score
Mine is 8.4 non-nav/6 speaker. Funny thing is my 19 subaru used to do the same exact thing when connected via USB. Using iPhone 11

Bajabaja

Reaction score
brand new 2020 big horn same problem. was so sad on my drive home from the dealership. waited for this car for years and paid extra for CarPlay and my brothers entry level altima sounds CarPlay sounds 5x better. **** FCA

Quint

Reaction score
Found this thread in a search. I just discovered this today. When listening to the radio, I can just plug in my iphone via USB-C and the radio volume decreases the moment "Carplay" pops up on the 8.4" screen. When I disconnect my phone, the radio volume goes back to where it was previously. I also noticed that the system limits the volume in the middle of songs while plugged in, meaning that it is artificially decreasing the volume on the drum hits and low bass notes.

What a crappy system.

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
Recently bought a certified RAM 1500 Bighorn. I too am disgusted with the uConnect 8.4 system. I have the same issue with the garbage sound when Android Auto is in use.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread