5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay Volume Ievel w/ text/phone notification

dajogejr

Reaction score
So, it’s happened a few times.
I‘m aware of the sound check option, it’s turned off, to start.

Once in a while, I’m listening to Apple Music via CarPlay. I’ll get a text notification…the ding comes in, then the volume of the radio for Apple Music is lower and it stays lower, like half volume.
Satellite is fine, FM/AM is fine.

The sound check option Is confirmed off. In my 2023 Limited, setting 10 is pretty much sufficlient for normal driving listening to tunes. 20, is jamming.
When this happens, 20 becomes the new 10 level. Adjustable speed volume is turned off.
Get in my truck hours later, or next day, back to normal…

Everything, from phone to radio is latest software/firmware. Doesn’t happen every time, but when it does... Sucks, cause I go from Apple Music to Satellite and back sometimes.

Anyone else have this intermittent issue?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
My truck is older with Uconnect 4, but I experience something similar. The phone notification volume is set with the volume knob during a phone call or when maps is talking.

IE. If you’re on the phone with someone and can’t hear them well, so you crank up the volume, but don’t put it back down before the call ends, the next time your phone rings through the speakers, the ring will be loud as hell. It scares the crap out of me.

I have to remember to lower the volume before I say “bye” during the call. It’s independent of the music volume.

dajogejr

Reaction score
One of the nice things about the newer Uconnect is you can independently set volumes for notification, radio, navigation, etc., all independently and easily, you don’t have to be actively “using them” to set the volume.

That wasn’t the case in my old 2015 model either.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
happens to me. notifications will dim and stay that way until a few power cycles of the truck and it resets. i can make it happen repeatably by allowing the head unit through car play to play back a text message.

Holland1994

Reaction score
I have issues with audio settings returning to the 15 default level after I change them. When I turn the truck off and back on, they go back to 15. Anybody else seen this?

Users who are viewing this thread