5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay opens by default

Derrick-23

Reaction score
If I am on a Home page an open a camera view, when ever I close the camera view it goes back to the full page version of CarPlay. Is this normal? I didn’t notice a setting for this. Can I get it to go back to the screen I was on? Am I missing something?

Sanders

Reaction score
That’s better than mine. My truck seems to default to the settings page all the time.

Jray22

Reaction score
That’s better than mine. My truck seems to default to the settings page all the time.
You’re not alone, it’s so annoying I’ve completely stopped using CarPlay. I just use Siri at this point. Unconnect5 has some major gremlins with CarPlay.

nitmik

Reaction score
Normal for Unconnect 5. Starts on the app page whenever I start the truck. Must be really hard to program previous page or home page into the system. <--- lots of sarcasm!

Derrick-23

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. And yes, mine starts on the Settings page as well. After CarPlay connects, it then swaps to the CarPlay page. That seems less annoying than the page change after opening a camera view. That being said, I’m quite happy with the system overall and love the screen.

John Galt

Reaction score
At least your UC4 doesn’t randomly decide to go to the first FM station that has reception (not even a preset) and start playing at a pretty loud volume when you hit “start”.

mbearden

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with the screen going to full screen CarPlay after exiting the camera. It happens if I close the camera manually or when it closes automatically after shifting out of revers. When starting the vehicle remotely and sometimes manually, it defaults to the controls screen rather than the home page.

I traded in a 2020 Ram Limited on a 2023 Ram Limited. I never had these issues on the 2020 but after 2 weeks of ownership with the 2023 I find the behavior quite frustrating. Maybe they'll release and update that will save some of these issues.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well my carplay pops up whenever i receive a notification from whatsapp... it's kinda annoying lol

Users who are viewing this thread