5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

carplay on and off

FranRam2

Reaction score
Just got a 2021 Rebel 2 weeks ago and noticed my carplay will not stay on...IF I decide to just plug it in. IF I plug it in and use music on my phone for example, it will stay on. Have not tried using maps or something similiar on the phone yet. carplay stays on my challenger all the time just fine. Is it the cable? Currently using the lightning cable.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure the USB port on your phone is clean of dust and debris. I had an issue with mine and that’s all it turned out to be, pocket lint was preventing the cable from seating all the way.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, are you using an Apple cable that came with your phone or an aftermarket one?

I had an issue when I first bought my truck and it was because I was using cheapo cables from Amazon (my last truck was charge only so any calbe would do).

Make sure it is MFi-certified. I currenty I have MFi-certified Anker cables and they work well (USB-C to lightning connectors).

Make sure the USB port on your phone is clean of dust and debris. I had an issue with mine and that’s all it turned out to be, pocket lint was preventing the cable from seating all the way.
I have plugs for all my ports to keep them as clean as possible.

FranRam2

Reaction score
Original Apple cable and even tried another Apple cable today. Drove my Challenger today no issues. Drove the truck at night, same thing. Car play starts when I plug it in then turned off after 5 min when I listened to Sirius. Yet after the store I decided to play Pandora thru the phone/ carplay and not once did it disconnect on the 1/2 hour ride home!

Users who are viewing this thread