5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay Not Popping Up

PappyVanWeller

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just bought a used 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie with an 8.4” Uconnect 4C. Everytime I plug my iPhone (iPhone 13 Pro Max) in, it doesn’t pop up. I’ve tried the smartphone projection option but it won’t let me add my phone. I also tried the battery reset and power/tune button rest and nothing. Any tips?

Thank you!

JRD

Reaction score
Mine does this from time to time, only thing I’ve found to work is plugging and unplugging a few times and it usually recognizes it

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can you try a different phone, and/or try your phone in another vehicle?
Also does it show charging when you plug it in?

PappyVanWeller

Reaction score
Can you try a different phone, and/or try your phone in another vehicle?
Also does it show charging when you plug it in?
My phone worked in my old CRV the same day I traded it in. Other phones don’t work either. I’m trying to avoid taking to the dealership if it’s something I can fix lol

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
My phone worked in my old CRV the same day I traded it in. Other phones don’t work either. I’m trying to avoid taking to the dealership if it’s something I can fix lol
Is there any indication that the USB is connected when plugged in? Does the phone show its charging?

PappyVanWeller

Reaction score
Is there any indication that the USB is connected when plugged in? Does the phone show its charging?
Yes, it’ll recognize it as an iPod. I tried other ports and it will charge in all the ports. Just seems weird.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yes, it’ll recognize it as an iPod. I tried other ports and it will charge in all the ports. Just seems weird.
That is very weird. There's also one USB port in the back seat that does carplay. The left one I think. Can you see if it’s the same on there?

Once I had to delete all the cars in my phone and setup as new. Do you have anything listed in your settings on the phone?

1713976567023.png

Users who are viewing this thread