5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay minimum volume with mapping

Rich

Reaction score
I found a workaround for now. Google maps has a "softer" setting. You have to be careful because if you take the phone to another car for navigation, it may not be loud enough. I have a strange feeling they did this on purpose and thought it was a good idea. To make sure you didn't miss an instruction.

Google maps yes, but I'm referring to the factory Uconnect built in navigation maps, it's just much too loud and we shouldn't have to adjust it every time we get in the truck!

I also use the speed limit warning, I have it set to warn me if I go 10 MPH over the speed limit, and I just about slam my head on the roof every time it goes off, and then I have to reach over and turn down the guidance volume again (which is often).

DeanKing

Reaction score
I wonder why they have minimums on any of this stuff. Let me set it and forget it. But if they do, perhaps they should not have used the hard of hearing guy to figure out what they should be. The truck is QUIET but it seems these minimums were designed for a noisy vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread