5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay minimum volume with mapping

DeanKing

Reaction score
CarPlay on my Uconnect doesn’t not seem to remember lowering the Mapping volume below 15. I tried both Apple maps and google maps. I have another brand car where this works. I know you have to change the volume only while it is speaking. Oddly it will remember if I raise the volume. But it will always reset to 15 if I lower it to less than 15 it always. This happens on the very next guidance prompt. This is a problem because the truck is so quiet that 15 is too loud and jarring. So I mute it. Then I miss turns. What a weird feature/bug.

robinxlee

Reaction score
I have same problem. Lowering the volume does not stick. Waiting for a fix

BigBRebel

Reaction score
CarPlay on my Uconnect doesn’t not seem to remember lowering the Mapping volume below 15. I tried both Apple maps and google maps. I have another brand car where this works. I know you have to change the volume only while it is speaking. Oddly it will remember if I raise the volume. But it will always reset to 15 if I lower it to less than 15 it always. This happens on the very next guidance prompt. This is a problem because the truck is so quiet that 15 is too loud and jarring. So I mute it. Then I miss turns. What a weird feature/bug.
This is quite annoying to say the least. It's with all features, mapping messaging, making calls, etc. It's like you said "jarring" when it turns on. Need a fix real soon FCA.

ammdrew

Reaction score
Same problem. Any way we can submit a bug list without having a service apointment. I do not need a tech tyo take 2 hours to tell me it is a software issue and I have to wait for a update

sass

Reaction score
This worth a shot... I didn’t like how my CarPlay navigation voice would always default to 15 on every prompt even after I turned it up to 20+. I went into the regular navigation and found a setting to change the navigation voice. I set it to 20 and it always come on at 20 now.

sass

Reaction score
Steps I took, while on Uconnect nav tap nav settings, guidance tab, guidance volume... set to the volume you want.

I hope this helps

DeanKing

Reaction score
This is quite annoying to say the least. It's with all features, mapping messaging, making calls, etc. It's like you said "jarring" when it turns on. Need a fix real soon FCA.
Steps I took, while on Uconnect nav tap nav settings, guidance tab, guidance volume... set to the volume you want.

I hope this helps
set the volume to 10 and see what happens. The problem is there is a minimum you cannot override.

DeanKing

Reaction score
To anyone following this I found somewhat of a workaround with google maps. On the phone not plugged in start a route. Then swipe up and choose settings. You will see a guidance volume. While uconnect still has the volume minimum bug I described you can lower google maps output level. If you set it to softer, the 15 on uconnect is pretty quiet. Can’t find a similar setting for Apple maps. Haven’t tried yet for Waze.

sass

Reaction score
set the volume to 10 and see what happens. The problem is there is a minimum you cannot override.
Yes you are right... I tried setting to below 15 several times and it kept coming up to minimum 15. Dammz that sucks.

OSUPokes

Reaction score
Old thread, but having the same issues. I don’t have this problem with Android Auto, just Apple (IPhone).

Anyone find a fix?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Old thread, but having the same issues. I don’t have this problem with Android Auto, just Apple (IPhone).

Anyone find a fix?

I have Android Auto and it defaults to 15... of course I can't find it at the moment, but the manual sats the Guidance voice defaults to 15 if is it user set to below that value.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well just to mess with our heads my google maps prompts yesterday were so low I barely could hear them. I didn’t play with it while driving but there’s obviously a way to get the volume lower I just need to figure out what I had changed as before prompting was loud.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just used google maps yesterday on my iPhone. Volume was loud, I adjusted the volume while she was speaking and it stayed at that volume for subsequent prompts, it did not affect the level of the music. Works as should.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just used google maps yesterday on my iPhone. Volume was loud, I adjusted the volume while she was speaking and it stayed at that volume for subsequent prompts, it did not affect the level of the music. Works as should.
How did you adjust the volume?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the truck’s volume knob. I didn’t touch the phone.

Did it stay at that volume after you tuned the truck off? Mine does not and reverts back to 15 every time I turn off the truck.

This was from another post:

Page 122 in Uconnect Manual download

NOTE: If the NAV Volume Adjustment setting is set
between level 0 and 11 it will default to level 12 on a vehicle
restart, if the NAV Volume Adjustment setting is set
between level 13 and 38 it will RETAIN the setting on a
vehicle restart.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did it stay at that volume after you tuned the truck off? Mine does not and reverts back to 15 every time I turn off the truck.

vehicle restart.

I haven’t tried navigation since so I really can’t say.

Rich

Reaction score

vehicle restart.

I can't get mine to hold any setting below 15.

I find 15 MUCH TOO LOUD and I don't have the best hearing! I'd like to keep it about 4.

I can understand if FCA wants to keep you from setting it to zero to keep problem reports coming into the dealers, but wow 15 is MUCH too loud!

I'd like to ask that everyone that doesn't like this make a request to your dealer, Uconnect or RAM Cares to have this changed, give us a workable minimum, but not 15! It's the first thing on my list to give to my dealer, to ask for a change request in the next software update for the Uconnect!

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to ask that everyone that doesn't like this make a request to your dealer, Uconnect or RAM Cares to have this changed, give us a workable minimum, but not 15! It's the first thing on my list to give to my dealer, to ask for a change request in the next software update for the Uconnect!

MOPAR.COM

Scroll to the bottom and you can send them an email..

DeanKing

Reaction score
I can't get mine to hold any setting below 15.

I find 15 MUCH TOO LOUD and I don't have the best hearing! I'd like to keep it about 4.

I can understand if FCA wants to keep you from setting it to zero to keep problem reports coming into the dealers, but wow 15 is MUCH too loud!

I found a workaround for now. Google maps has a "softer" setting. You have to be careful because if you take the phone to another car for navigation, it may not be loud enough. I have a strange feeling they did this on purpose and thought it was a good idea. To make sure you didn't miss an instruction.

Users who are viewing this thread