5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carplay Hanging on Uconnect 12" Screen

ahawksfan

Reaction score
So I just got a 2021 Big Horn with 12" Uconnect. During the long drive home I was using CarPlay with my iPhone 12 Max (wired). Everything would normally work the first time I got I the vehicle but if I stopped to get gas or food and reconnected the phone the apps would not work fine. Maybe Pandora wouldn't play or Waze wouldn't navigate or sometimes they would just hang. Had to disconnect, close the apps, and reconnect and then it might work. I was using a USB 2.0 cable.

For testing, I ordered a USB C cable to a lightning connector for my phone. Used it today with many ins and outs with the phone. Everything has worked fine so far.

So if you are having a problem try a new cable first.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So I just got a 2021 Big Horn with 12" Uconnect. During the long drive home I was using CarPlay with my iPhone 12 Max (wired). Everything would normally work the first time I got I the vehicle but if I stopped to get gas or food and reconnected the phone the apps would not work fine. Maybe Pandora wouldn't play or Waze wouldn't navigate or sometimes they would just hang. Had to disconnect, close the apps, and reconnect and then it might work. I was using a USB 2.0 cable.

For testing, I ordered a USB C cable to a lightning connector for my phone. Used it today with many ins and outs with the phone. Everything has worked fine so far.

Great advice.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I have been noticing the same issue as of late, I am going to order a new cable.

Thanks for the advice :)

Users who are viewing this thread