5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay hack

robe2388

Reaction score
Just wanted to make some of you a lil jealous :p Did sime tweaks and I can have any app working on car play. But YouTube is really the one that works beautifully, and somehow puts the HK system on boost.

Attachments

• IMG_4032.jpeg
    IMG_4032.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 533

robe2388

Reaction score
The trick is to Jailbreak your Iphone and the app is called CarBridge. This is a game changer honestly. lol

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just wanted to make some of you a lil jealous :p Did sime tweaks and I can have any app working on car play. But YouTube is really the one that works beautifully, and somehow puts the HK system on boost.
What I wanna know is where you got that shifter knob decal from lol

bonebro

Reaction score
Bummer! Car bridge won’t work with my iOS 9 j broke iPad.

kjn86

Reaction score

robe2388

Reaction score
I havent seen any jailbreak instructions for IOS 12.2 yet
If you updated to 12.2 you are out of luck. I stayed in 12.1.2. Hopefully they release something for you soon.

Decal I found on the Ebayz.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Lize

Reaction score
Generally I like the Apple stuff but I find CarPlay a bit useless, I’ve been wanting to add safe to use Apps like aftermarket TPMS and battery voltage monitor (for leisure battery in RV to save running wires) into a head set on another vehicle and this seems ideal.

Bit anxious about the Jailbreak part though. Can I assume that following the instructions posted here and CarBridge website will be fine? Then once done delay any operating system upgrades until new hack is out?

Any tips also appreciated, thanks.

Lize

Reaction score
Only just got round to having a look at this.

I had been planning on using an old phone but as I cannot use USB CarPlay on the old phone and receive calls via Bluetooth on my actual phone then I decided I needed to use my actual phone. Unfortunately I had hence not turned off automatic updates and my iOS is 12.3.1 which I can't jailbreak and CarBridge is only available for 12.2 or lower anyway. Had a look at rolling back the iOS but there isn't an Apple signed download so no luck with that.

I'll have to wait a little longer.

Last edited:

RAMpage

Reaction score
Jailbreaking just isn't worth it anymore so you are better off on 12.3.x anyways. Too many privacy/security issues with the jailbreaks now. Think about the people/teams/countries releasing the jailbreaks lately... do you really want to give them access to your online banking, emails, etc?

Lize

Reaction score
Jailbreaking just isn't worth it anymore so you are better off on 12.3.x anyways. Too many privacy/security issues with the jailbreaks now. Think about the people/teams/countries releasing the jailbreaks lately... do you really want to give them access to your online banking, emails, etc?
I was concerned about this. I don't use banking on the phone but there is plenty of personal information on there and I think I might stick to my original plan of using my old phone. I really want to do this for another car rather than the Ram, but whilst my HU allows simultaneous CarPlay and Bluetooth connections, nothing happens when you call the Bluetooth connected phone.

I'll probably give it a go with the old phone and see what some of the Apps are like and might then replace the HU with one that'll support multiple connections, problem is they only seem to state that they support multiple bluetooth connections and not one of each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online