5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carplay doesn't work with USB #3?

wayneli

Reaction score
I just noticed CarPlay only works with USB #1, #2. It doesn't work with #3...

Can anybody help confirm?

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
I’ve read on here that two of them work for car connectivity and the others are charging only.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I’ve read on here that two of them work for car connectivity and the others are charging only.
All of them should work. They did for me, but now they quit working, and my dealer has ordered me a replacement unit. Once it arrives they will swap it out.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
All of them should work. They did for me, but now they quit working, and my dealer has ordered me a replacement unit. Once it arrives they will swap it out.
According to the manual, not ALL the ports are media. Port "3" on the rear console is charging only. Port "4" is media.

All the front ports should be both media and charging.

I can't tell from the OP which port he's considering port 3

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
According to the manual, not ALL the ports are media. Port "3" on the rear console is charging only. Port "4" is media.

All the front ports should be both media and charging.

I can't tell from the OP which port he's considering port 3

View attachment 22926

View attachment 22927
Sorry for the confusion. Meant the ones in the front console. Thought that's what the OP was referring to.

skol

Reaction score
All mine ports are go to Apple
Car play. It sucks cuz when I’m using my Bluetooth and my kid charges their phone it will car play their phone.

Users who are viewing this thread