5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carluex wireless adapter

Toperz

Reaction score
Hey all.

Does anyone has/had this Carluex wireless adapter installed in truck? If yes can you post pictures or video how it looks on screen.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Does it not look exactly the same as plugged in? To my knowledge it’s just wireless CarPlay.
They were trying to give me one for free the other day to review. I turned it down as I did not see a value as wireless CarPlay is sketch to begin with

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does it not look exactly the same as plugged in? To my knowledge it’s just wireless CarPlay.
They were trying to give me one for free the other day to review. I turned it down as I did not see a value as wireless CarPlay is sketch to begin with
CarPlay looks exactly the same as when you plug it in. Main difference is you can leave your phone in your pocket, or charge wirelessly. I was wearing out my lightning port plugging in all the time. My phone was in the way because it was alot of trouble to fit the phone with wire into the cradle spot so I’d leave it in the cup holder. This is 100% better.

Another benefit is you can talk privately on your phone. You can’t do that plugged in to the truck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's an Android tv box.
It's not just "wireless CarPlay" It's like plugging an Amazon fire stick into your truck.

They don't list the true specs and it's on the very high end of those boxes when it comes to price so I would be weary.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's an Android tv box.
It's not just "wireless CarPlay" It's like plugging an Amazon fire stick into your truck.

They don't list the true specs and it's on the very high end of those boxes when it comes to price so I would be weary.
The AI box yes. I thought @PM-Performance was asking about my adapter.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
CarPlay looks exactly the same as when you plug it in. Main difference is you can leave your phone in your pocket, or charge wirelessly. I was wearing out my lightning port plugging in all the time. My phone was in the way because it was alot of trouble to fit the phone with wire into the cradle spot so I’d leave it in the cup holder. This is 100% better.

Another benefit is you can talk privately on your phone. You can’t do that plugged in to the truck.
I know what wireless CarPlay does. I am an OG adopter and have it in a few cars.
OP was asking for pictures of the screen hence my comments.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
It's an Android tv box.

I did not realize it could change the ui of the screen. If it does, you would lose the internal ui when mirroring I’m sure.
Either way, I could have gotten the flagship model for free and I did not. I do not trust these random devices that create ad-hoc networks for your phone and vehicle to link to. Call me paranoid, but I work closely with cyber security folks and the things I have seen scare most people.
That being said, the Carleux is just a rebranded generic Chinese device. You can get the same exact unit off Amazon under a diff name for significantly cheaper than their site lists. I swore I saw some for like $80 compared to their $300 flagship device.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It’s completely different. Check out the link I posted in post 2.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
It looks like they just changed the skin for CarPlay and AA. Looks like it just changed the icon style and layout a little.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nope. You still don't understand what it is.

Wireless AA and CarPlay are the minor parts of what that device is.
With that device there is no need to connect your phone to use watered down apps in a car version.

The $80 ones are not this, it's at least $150 to get something that this does and even then specs are obscured. Mine was either $230 or $180 I forget. It is a hat trick, but I kept it because it does work. Can watch YouTube, Netflix whatever on my screen now without using a phone (why mirror when the device can do it itself)

OP what are you lookiglng for the box to do?

seansmd

Reaction score
I bought this one earlier this year before I had wireless AA, works nice, think of it as a backup device that is wifi only that your truck uses as a media server and does AA or carplay. Honestly don't use it much with the ram that has wireless AA.
Android Wireless CarPlay Ai Box Adapter & Android System 8-Core 4+64G for Factory Wired CarPlay Car,Plug and Play,Support Wireless Android Auto,YouTube,Netflix Built-in GPS,Bluetooth,WiFi https://a.co/d/3cpgNWc

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Nope. You still don't understand what it is.

Wireless AA and CarPlay are the minor parts of what that device is.
With that device there is no need to connect your phone to use watered down apps in a car version.

The $80 ones are not this, it's at least $150 to get something that this does and even then specs are obscured. Mine was either $230 or $180 I forget. It is a hat trick, but I kept it because it does work. Can watch YouTube, Netflix whatever on my screen now without using a phone (why mirror when the device can do it itself)

OP what are you lookiglng for the box to do?

Don you often watch tv when you are driving?
Again I am aware what it is. I went through the demo with the company when they wanted me to review it.
I also have an Android Tesla style screen in one of my other vehicles. They all do the same thing, just a different form factor.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
It’s safer than using your phone while driving

I don’t my phone while driving. Hands free texting/calling has been out over a decade.

Yes.
It's called kids.

How does that not distract you when driving? Why not just put TVs in the headrests or give them iPads?

The reason I bring this up is because I have titanium in my neck from someone that was distracted electronics while driving, so I take this a bit more serious than some folk do.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't use my phone either unless it's in Carplay. I see why it hits home for you. People just needs to be responsible when behind the wheel.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
How does that not distract you when driving? Why not just put TVs in the headrests or give them iPads?

The reason I bring this up is because I have titanium in my neck from someone that was distracted electronics while driving, so I take this a bit more serious than some folk do.
Idk willpower?
I don't even look at my radio as it is.

I have the HUD, so I don't even look at my cluster either.
Some people are built different.
When I needed to text in the past I would put my phone on top of my steering wheel so I could keep my eyes on the road, now that they outlawed phones while driving it's auctally more unsafe as you need to hide your phone while using it if there's a cop nearby.

Stupid people will do stupid things unfortunately

As I said earlyer it's more a hat trick of look what I can do, but it does work just like an Android tablet except no multitouch support.
Would be better if the radio was landscape mode.

Also if I'm at a job and on lunch or something I can watch YouTube on the radio instead of fumbling around with my phone. Also when I use Alfaobd I don't even need my phone, as I am running Android off of the box I can make all the changes right on my trucks radio.

seansmd

Reaction score
Idk willpower?
I don't even look at my radio as it is.

I have the HUD, so I don't even look at my cluster either.
Some people are built different.
When I needed to text in the past I would put my phone on top of my steering wheel so I could keep my eyes on the road, now that they outlawed phones while driving it's auctally more unsafe as you need to hide your phone while using it if there's a cop nearby.

Stupid people will do stupid things unfortunately

As I said earlyer it's more a hat trick of look what I can do, but it does work just like an Android tablet except no multitouch support.
Would be better if the radio was landscape mode.

Also if I'm at a job and on lunch or something I can watch YouTube on the radio instead of fumbling around with my phone. Also when I use Alfaobd I don't even need my phone, as I am running Android off of the box I can make all the changes right on my trucks radio.
I played with mine on the traffic ride home last night from Flagstaff, fired up Netflix while sitting in bumper to bumper.....

Toperz

Reaction score
Just to clarify. What I thought is that thing has wireless charging and Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto Adapter but it doesn't and was hoping can do full screen on 12". When I use gps like google maps or waze sound turns down(google maps) and voice directions cuts off(waze). I have bulletpoint mount installed on top so I'm not looking to get mopar wireless charging option. So i'm looking to utilize my mount for wireless charge and android auto adapter with full screen option on my 12" screen(if possible).

Users who are viewing this thread