5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carli Performance with Timber Grove airbags

vandersnoot

Reaction score
Anyone run this setup or similar? I recently installed the Carli Performance 2.5 kit and am 1.5” low in the rear with an RSI SmartCap installed as well. So I figure I have three options….different springs, rear spacers, or airbags (which I already own, but haven’t installed). Just looking for any insight or feedback because I know next to nothing about the suspension on these trucks and don’t want to limit travel. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Curlymurt

Reaction score
The timber Groves will give you about an inch at recommended bag psi. A slight bump up in psi will get an inch and half, but also a bit different stiffer ride. More closely matching a 2500, but it'd be level

vandersnoot

Reaction score
Yeah, that’s what I was worried about. Guess I’ll have to look at another brand for coils.

LoneRanger

Reaction score
Anyone run this setup or similar? I recently installed the Carli Performance 2.5 kit and am 1.5” low in the rear with an RSI SmartCap installed as well. So I figure I have three options….different springs, rear spacers, or airbags (which I already own, but haven’t installed). Just looking for any insight or feedback because I know next to nothing about the suspension on these trucks and don’t want to limit travel. Thanks in advance.
Any update to this?

L.R.

JDHarris

Reaction score
The HD springs (+500lb static weight) are supposed to be coming soon too. I don’t know when, but that sounds like the Carli solution for the added weight of the cap, depending on what else you’re carrying.

LoneRanger

Reaction score
The HD springs (+500lb static weight) are supposed to be coming soon too. I don’t know when, but that sounds like the Carli solution for the added weight of the cap, depending on what else you’re carrying.
Eta on those HD springs? Our setup is going to be heavy.

L.R.

808BigHorn

Reaction score
I have an RSI SmartCap as well and I run Dayton CargoMaxx XHD variable rate coils (Dayton claims OEM ride height) and a 2” RL spacer. My center of hub to fender measures at 27” at the rear, 25” in the front. My normal camping load is around 900 lbs and that drops it down to 25.5-26” in the rear. Can’t say it rides like a Caddy anymore but hey it’s a truck.

Attachments

• 89178D65-722C-45FB-89F2-63BB7D967EC2.jpeg
    89178D65-722C-45FB-89F2-63BB7D967EC2.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 28

Users who are viewing this thread