5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cargo light with camera

steelrfan85

Reaction score
What do I need to be able to get a third brake light with cargo camera? I'd be taking to a shop because I don't want to do anything wrong and ruin something.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't answer your question but just so you know it's not a cargo camera; it's a camera for the digital rearview mirror.

I never use mine for several reasons. For some reason it gives me slight vertigo when I first glance at it. It's also like the right external mirror in that things are actually closer than they appear, and does not work well at night.

Here's a thread on how to add a digital rearview mirror.

steelrfan85

Reaction score
I can't answer your question but just so you know it's not a cargo camera; it's a camera for the digital rearview mirror.

I never use mine for several reasons. For some reason it gives me slight vertigo when I first glance at it. It's also like the right external mirror in that things are actually closer than they appear, and does not work well at night.

Here's a thread on how to add a digital rearview mirror.
I was referring to a camera that looks at the bed like the GMC has

billybaloneey

Reaction score
I did a DIY bed camera...I have a 2022 RAM 1500 Lone Star...a while back I added the 360 Surround camera system, (the thread on how to do it is on the forum)...my understanding was I could not add a bed camera with the 360 camera system in place, so I looked for an alternate way. I bought a used 3rd brake light off of eBay to experiment with...upon examination I noticed there was lots of room for an after market camera. Measured and drilled a hole in the center and mounted the camera. A while back I activated 2 AUX camera ports on my Uconnect 5 radio, (tapped into 2 wires for each AUX camera location and added a 2 wire RCA camera plug...there are how-to instructions on the forum..."Adding OEM Front Camera"...is the thread name). Ran the cable from my new bed camera to the AUX camera RCA plug...and the image is viewable on the Uconnect screen.

Attachments

• RAM Bed Cam-1.jpg
    RAM Bed Cam-1.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 32
  • RAM Bed Cam-2.jpg
    RAM Bed Cam-2.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 31
  • RAM Bed Cam-3.jpg
    RAM Bed Cam-3.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 35
  • RAM Bed Cam-4.jpg
    RAM Bed Cam-4.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 35
  • RAM Bed Cam-5.jpg
    RAM Bed Cam-5.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 35

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I did a DIY bed camera...I have a 2022 RAM 1500 Lone Star...a while back I added the 360 Surround camera system, (the thread on how to do it is on the forum)...my understanding was I could not add a bed camera with the 360 camera system in place, so I looked for an alternate way. I bought a used 3rd brake light off of eBay to experiment with...upon examination I noticed there was lots of room for an after market camera. Measured and drilled a hole in the center and mounted the camera. A while back I activated 2 AUX camera ports on my Uconnect 5 radio, (tapped into 2 wires for each AUX camera location and added a 2 wire RCA camera plug...there are how-to instructions on the forum..."Adding OEM Front Camera"...is the thread name). Ran the cable from my new bed camera to the AUX camera RCA plug...and the image is viewable on the Uconnect screen.
you should contact Infotainment.com Home
and work with them to bring this to the market

JRD

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out a way to make this happen? Also interested in a cargo camera, not so much a digital rear view

Users who are viewing this thread