5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargo divider with no rambox

Princebawa

Reaction score
I am picking up a limited 1500 with BUG but no rambox.
I am wondering if I will be able to install the cargo divided / bed extender thing.
Or am I mixing two different things here ?

I see about of videos and pics that show the cargo divider but all of them have been with model with rambox.
Can someone shed some light on this matter for me ?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Below is a picture of the non rambox cargo divider. In addition you need the bed utility rails to install this item. The bed rails are included with the Bed Utility Group (BUG) or can be purchased separately for under $300. There are rivit nuts that need to be installed for the rails. Some use a specific tool and some do a work around. The cargo divider mounts on the bed rails and creates an issue for some tonneau covers. The bed extender is no longer sold for the 2019/20. By the way the bed extender can be installed on the 2019/20 Ram however FCA does not sell it for the 2019/20 over an issue with the tail light visibility. It appears to be a CYA issue. I believe it can still be purchased as it fits previous models.

There are threads on these topics but that is a quick synopsis.

1589967046076.png

1589967046076.png

Last edited:

HoosierTrooper

Reaction score
The cargo divider will not fit if your truck is equipped with the multi function tailgate. Two techs at the dealership spent about an hour trying to install it in my Laramie but the braces in the corner of the bed are in the way of mounting the rails. The dealership refunded my money and said they'd mount it in one without the MFT.

Princebawa

Reaction score

Thanks, the one you shared looks like option “J” from the above link.

However there is also option “G” , which is a bed extender and in reverse it becomes a cargo divider.
Since my truck doesn’t have the rambox but it has the BUG, does that mean both of this could work for me ? Also I will be having hard tonneau cover as well.

any issues I could have in my situation with either of these options?

Below is a picture of the non rambox cargo divider. In addition you need the bed utility rails to install this item. The bed rails are included with the Bed Utility Group (BUG) or can be purchased separately for under $300. There are rivit nuts that need to be installed for the rails. Some use a specific tool and some do a work around. The cargo divider mounts on the bed rails and creates an issue for some tonneau covers. The bed extender is no longer sold for the 2019/20. By the way the bed extender can be installed on the 2019/20 Ram however FCA does not sell it for the 2019/20 over an issue with the tail light visibility. It appears to be a CYA issue. I believe it can still be purchased as it fits previous models.

There are threads on these topics but that is a quick synopsis.

View attachment 56644

View attachment 56644

Users who are viewing this thread