5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargo and brake light replacement 2019 DT w/LED

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So your profile says you have a 2019 Longhorn...so these are an improvement over your stock LEDs? This means they should be the same as a Limited correct?

Simple install?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
So your profile says you have a 2019 Longhorn...so these are an improvement over your stock LEDs? This means they should be the same as a Limited correct?

Simple install?
He is referring the CHMSL (Center High Mount Stop Light) which are incandescent on all 2019-2020 Ram 1500s. Think there is a post already covering this upgrade. Some forum members complained of issues with their key fobs after installing cheaper LEDs off of Amazon.

Twoamen

Reaction score
He is referring the CHMSL (Center High Mount Stop Light) which are incandescent on all 2019-2020 Ram 1500s. Think there is a post already covering this upgrade. Some forum members complained of issues with their key fobs after installing cheaper LEDs off of Amazon.
Thanks Rebelwraith , assumed most owners knew of the incadesents on these models.

Reaction score
Good to see an inexpensive solution. I tried the following linked JDM AStar LED's ($16.95/pair) in my CHMSL and reverse lights:

They work as reverse lights, although I could still use something brighter (have 20% tint applied to back window).

However, the left CHMSL bulb does go on and off by itself while the right bulb stays on steady. Doesn't affect anything, just looks funny when it happens.

May switch over to new ones at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread