5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car wash causing codes

Fillet1

Reaction score
I mostly hand wash my 22 eco but have taken it through a touch less car wash twice. The fist time was in October a few weeks after I bought the truck. The second was last week. Both times, after shutting it off and later restarting, the CEL comes on and I am getting a P025b code - which is fuel pump module control circuit range/ performance. I cleared the codes and the truck runs normal.
I can only think something is getting wet when at the car wash? is there anything in the wheel well areas that could be getting blasted by the car wash that would throw a code?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shouldn’t be anything in the wheel wells that would be affected, but there is a harness running along the frame rails that will have connectors throughout. Also connectors ontop of the fuel tank.

A touchless wash will use very high pressure water to clean your truck rather than the friction based cleaning of a soft touch of wash. While the wire harness connectors are water tight, they aren’t meant for direct contact with high pressure water jets.

The wash may also have undercar sprayers that get water into the connectors, although these generally aren’t as high of pressure.

I take my truck through a soft touch wash at work 2-3 times weekly. Only issue I've ever had was a wet cabin filter, so I make sure to use recirculate when going through the wash.

If you follow the wires from the fuel tank they should lead to the control module, on my old gmc the module was above the spare tire. I’m not sure where it is on the rams. Sound like a connector isn’t fully seated or has faulty seals.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with the wash. Millions of us use a carwash and are fine.

Check for lose or poor connections under your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread