5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car seat?

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
So I still have two kiddos is car seats and getting everything locked down in my new Laramie.

so my question is this, what are the straps behind each rear headrest? Are these for the traditional over the back seat strap to secure things correctly?

ExtinctBird

Reaction score
Yes, the short black loops can be pulled under the headrests for the car seat's center hook to latch onto.

tom318

Reaction score
These have been a pain in the a** for me. The manual states if you have forward facing seats, you run the anchor hook through the strap under the headrest and actually hook it to the strap behind the middle seat. If you have 2 forward facing seats like I do, You do that on both sides and tighten.

bgasper

Reaction score
What ^^^ said.

I struggled with this for way too long. I haven't cussed that much in a mighty long time.

I went to my local fire department house who had their trained guy and two assistants try for about 45 minutes before all four of us finally figured it out and got things tight.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have two seats in my 2019 CC and don't find it hard to get them in and tight but the tether is by far the hardest part. I assume you already have the car seats but if not I highly recommend the Clek carseats. They are really expensive but are built like a tank and have rigid latch system which makes install a breeze compared to others.

Troutbeck27

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I saw a YouTube video about going through each headrest strap then back to the middle strap. Makes sense but definitely not like my previous vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread