5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car feels moist inside.

Agostino

Reaction score
So I have a 2019 rebel and just had the rear window from replaced about a month ago due to the crack that causes leaking, now whenever it rains it feels really moist inside my car and I can see condensation fog sometimes is the corners of the windows but I can’t find any leaks or wet spots. Anyone else have this issue or am I just being paranoid?

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you pulled up the door sill trim pieces at each doorway and slid your arm under the carpet? Could be that the carpet pad is still full of water. You might have to remove the seats, prop up the carpet in a few places and run fans. I tried to get the dealership to replace my carpet when my leak was fixed, and they said RAM will not do it unless it was an extreme case like mold and strong musty smells.

Reactions: c3k

Agostino

Reaction score
Have you pulled up the door sill trim pieces at each doorway and slid your arm under the carpet? Could be that the carpet pad is still full of water. You might have to remove the seats, prop up the carpet in a few places and run fans. I tried to get the dealership to replace my carpet when my leak was fixed, and they said RAM will not do it unless it was an extreme case like mold and strong musty smells.

I’ve checked all the carpet and headliner don’t feel anything. Also on a hot day I cracked the windows to air it out but next storm and the feeling is back so I don’t know. I’ll probably swing it by the dealer and see if they can’t verify the window seal or something.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve checked all the carpet and headliner don’t feel anything. Also on a hot day I cracked the windows to air it out but next storm and the feeling is back so I don’t know. I’ll probably swing it by the dealer and see if they can’t verify the window seal or something.
I had two leaks (maybe) at different times. And that was within the first couple months of ownership. First one, they claimed was a door seal. I called BS, but they replaced it. Next time it rained, it leaked again. I came out from work and the inside of my windshield was foggy. So, I knew there was water inside. Second one, they replaced the rear window. Hasn’t leaked since..........yet.

Agostino

Reaction score
I had two leaks (maybe) at different times. And that was within the first couple months of ownership. First one, they claimed was a door seal. I called BS, but they replaced it. Next time it rained, it leaked again. I came out from work and the inside of my windshield was foggy. So, I knew there was water inside. Second one, they replaced the rear window. Hasn’t leaked since..........yet.

Ya my windows get foggy at times also. I’ll mention the door seals, can’t hurt to get new ones anyway.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ya my windows get foggy at times also. I’ll mention the door seals, can’t hurt to get new ones anyway.
You will probably have to leave it for a couple of days like I did so they can do a leak test. I’m assuming that they spray water at each possible leak area (shark fin, third brake light, rear window, door seals, front fender well seals/welds, etc.).

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the meantime, I would use some DampRid in there.

Users who are viewing this thread