5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Car And Driver" long-term review, write-up

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had this once, and I think I caused it the same way. Jumped in the truck, turned it on, and put it in reverse really quickly. I think to fix it I just pressed the home button in the top left and it reverted back to the home split screen.
Dude! Good to see you over here! I guess you did buy a Ram!

(For those wondering what in the hell I'm talking about: we were both longtime Titan owners who used to hang on another forum).

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oak...good for the homeowner, bad for the remodeler, lol. I think the Toyota plant opened in May-1996. I didn't live in this area at the time, only since 2003. But I sure know a LOT of people who work there now.
Yeah I visited in the 70’s and early 80’s when it seemed that all there was to work at was the coal places.

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Yeah I visited in the 70’s and early 80’s when it seemed that all there was to work at was the coal places.
Still a LOT of that around. Lots of coal-fired power plants around us, like maybe the heaviest concentration in a 100 mile radius in the world. (cough, cough...)

bonebro

Reaction score
The 12.0-inch Uconnect system continues to be plagued by general sluggishness, occasional reboots, and—this one is new for us—a backup-camera display that refuses to disappear long after you've pulled away in Drive.

If anyone is having this issue, I can speak to it's cause and fix. I can reliably cause this to happen by putting the truck into gear too quickly after starting. Where I work, my habit is to jump in, push start, immediately back out, shift to drive, and then fasten seatbelt, as it is usually an empty makeshift parking lot a ways from the street. Noticed on days I'm in a hurry to leave, the same sticking back-up camera would occur. Tested it out and it only occurs when shifting into reverse before the UConnect load screen starts to initialize. If I wait just 2 seconds after push start, it never has once occurred.

If this does happen to you, there is a simple fix. Pull up your backup camera through the icon on the center display, then close it using the "x" in the top corner. The screen instantly reverts to normal operation.
Agreed! Just like firing up your iPhone or PC; give it a few seconds. I always wait for xm to sync the artist/ song info before putting it into reverse and never have any freezes etc when doing it this way.

Users who are viewing this thread