5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can't turn off headlights??

liq001

Reaction score
Thanks so much. Let me take a look Tomorrow. It’s so confused that FCA make the low beam as DRL.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Almost all manufactures make the low beam the drl, especially if there isn’t other accent lighting

The accent lighting on the ram isn’t bright enough to act as a drl like some other brands, like gm trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liq001

Reaction score
Almost all manufactures make the low beam the drl, especially if there isn’t other accent lighting

The accent lighting on the ram isn’t bright enough to act as a drl like some other brands, like gm trucks.

That’s make sense now. My Audi’s accent lighting is way brighter than my RAM’s

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yep super weird, they went though the trouble of installing the led accents but didn’t use a high powered led.

liq001

Reaction score
Yep super weird, they went though the trouble of installing the led accents but didn’t use a high powered led.

Save some cost maybe? No idea. BTW, do you have the buzz feeling in my gas pedal, steering wheel and floor? Especially doing low acceleration at RPMs from 1500~2000? It’s more noticeable or worse at 4WD auto and the outside temperature is low (< zero degree C)? Thanks.

Vintagechief

Reaction score
From what I have found and what my buddy showed me is in order to turn the headlights off while idling you need to activate the parking brake. Once it is on you can move the headlight switch to off and the headlights turn off.

The position lights will remain on, but the main headlights should turn off.

Hope this helps.
I think that you will want to try this post
Very helpful Thanks

Rebelgyrl

Reaction score
Anyone know the reason why you cannot turn off the headlights when it's dark out? Not talking about DRL, the full on lamps. Doesn't matter what position the switch is in, they're on.

Guys at the boat ramp hate me right now, lol
Mine headlights just started doing the same thing. They are Always on when the truck is running. I usually keep them off until I’m out of the driveway in the am so I don’t light up the neighbors house! Scheduling another appointment at the dealer. This started after the last dealer visit for the air suspension.

mj4200

Reaction score
From what I have found and what my buddy showed me is in order to turn the headlights off while idling you need to activate the parking brake. Once it is on you can move the headlight switch to off and the headlights turn off.

The position lights will remain on, but the main headlights should turn off.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread