5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't turn off alarm

RamKnuckles

Reaction score
2021 Ram. Key fob wouldn't open doors so used key to unlock driver door. Alarm started going off and could not get to turn off so disconnected battery. Had battery tested and replaced. When new battery was hooked up alarm started back up. I replaced battery in key fob as well but still can't truck out of alarm mode. Have tried tricks listed online with no results. Spoke with mechanic at dealer and response was huh that's strange. Can't start truck or access computer to check codes. Any ideas or suggestions? Please help.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2021 Ram. Key fob wouldn't open doors so used key to unlock driver door. Alarm started going off and could not get to turn off so disconnected battery. Had battery tested and replaced. When new battery was hooked up alarm started back up. I replaced battery in key fob as well but still can't truck out of alarm mode. Have tried tricks listed online with no results. Spoke with mechanic at dealer and response was huh that's strange. Can't start truck or access computer to check codes. Any ideas or suggestions? Please help.
You have to start the truck after opening it with the key. Almost all new cars work that way.

Have you had much rain lately? Sounds like a rear window leak and a bad RF hub.

RamKnuckles

Reaction score
When I open with key alarm go off and truck won't start. Have not noticed any wet spots inside truck after tain. Where is the RF hub located?

vincentw56

Reaction score
When I open with key alarm go off and truck won't start. Have not noticed any wet spots inside truck after tain. Where is the RF hub located?
It's on the back wall under the rear window. If it goes bad, you can't start the truck or use the fob. Rear window leaks are common for killing them. You can also try pushing the start button with the bottom of the fob.

RamKnuckles

Reaction score
Is there a way to test the rf hub or does it just have to be replaced? Is it possible to order part and replace myself?

vincentw56

Reaction score
Is there a way to test the rf hub or does it just have to be replaced? Is it possible to order part and replace myself?
It needs to be programmed because it is the security for the truck. You could replace it yourself, but I don't think you can program it.

Users who are viewing this thread