5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't order a Ram with the air-ride suspension.

808Ram

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with is question? I have just gone to my local Ram dealer to order my truck and they told me that the air-ride suspension is not available at this time. Is this true and if so does anyone know when they will be available to order again as the deal said they didn't know.

Thank you for the help.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
There are shortages of certain components that are causing problems with certain options on many different vehicles. Could be a few weeks to months before the supply chain is back to normal.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with is question? I have just gone to my local Ram dealer to order my truck and they told me that the air-ride suspension is not available at this time. Is this true and if so does anyone know when they will be available to order again as the deal said they didn't know.

Thank you for the help.
Must be something new, I ordered my Laramie sport at the end of November, it has it! I love it so far!

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Yes the parts shortage is relatively new... specifically it’s certain chip sets for some of the electronics. Any guess where the chips are made that are delayed getting here??? Something about shipping delays from a virus or something.

808Ram

Reaction score
There are shortages of certain components that are causing problems with certain options on many different vehicles. Could be a few weeks to months before the supply chain is back to normal.
Thank you for info. Hope it is solved sooner rather then later.

808Ram

Reaction score
Must be something new, I ordered my Laramie sport at the end of November, it has it! I love it so far!
Side question for you since you have your Ram. Are you going to lift your Ram and if so what lift kit are you planning on going with if you don't mind me asking?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Side question for you since you have your Ram. Are you going to lift your Ram and if so what lift kit are you planning on going with if you don't mind me asking?
I’m not, it will be 100% stock. I had a 19 ram fall under the lemon law. I see guys with the same issue as I had and ram is trying to say it’s because they modified the truck. I’m afraid to even put different tires on mine. I do have the air ride, so mine sits up a little higher and I can raise it 2-3”? with a off road mode! Good luck with whatever you decide!

Last edited:

myles

Reaction score
there's a world wide semiconductor shortage right now. AMD, Intel, Micron and Qualcomm are trying to get subsidies to build new factories in the USA or else they are going to build them in another country. TSMC is already planning on building another plant in Arizona.

Users who are viewing this thread